Friday, September 02, 2005

Square eyes.

Well, another eventful day. Spent another day in eastbourne with friends at Games Workshop (since the club nights are generally on tuesdays and thursdays), but yesterday's thursday was the last time the store would be opening on a thursday evening. It's a pity, but it does mean that until the 'games club' is set up by everyone elsewhere I'll actually have thursdays afternoons free to do work, homework, and relaz. Zomg indeed. After getting back from an enjoyably 6 and a half hours of being with friends, I went onto the Soul Society Roleplay forums as I always do every day. Since I'm pretty much the main Storyteller, it's up to me to update the plot, award experience points for good writing, and so on and so forth. Talked with a few friends on IRC too, so it was generally just relaxing.

To update on the manga for Mahou Sensei Negima, I spent in total something like 9 and a bit hours reading up to chapter 75 (with a small break in the middle for a drink and to write the last blog entry) and yesterday I spent 4 hours reading up to chapter 106 at a leisurely pace. The fan service is kept up at a constant pace, and it's rather nice. My favourite character happens to be the shy Nodoka. If you follow the series but aren't good with names, it's one of Negi's partners, the girl with the magical book that reads the mind of anyone who's name she says, and the one who really love him. Quite a cute character, it seems I get suckered for the shy ones in most series, it was the little Shinobu in Love Hina that I liked. It always makes me think that when it comes to anime, I'm probably a bit of a lolicon.....

Odd tastes aside, also managed to watch Bleach episode 47. Damn, the anime just rocks. Lots of cool training, and another funny scene with Ichigo and Yoruichi teasing him. It's good to watch such a series anime with lighthearted moments. Admittedly it's quite generic shounen fare, with the main character constantly fighting opponents who get more and more powerful, but there's good character design and the world depicted is pretty good. I also managed to watch naruto episode 150, Shino is just damn cool. Gotta like those good bug moves which are insanely poweful. And admittedly any episode with the lovely Hinata in it is good.... damn me eh? If I wasn't an atheist, I'd probably burn in some sort of hell for my taste in anime characters. Ah well. Till next time, limited readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home