Monday, September 05, 2005

Download Nation.

Ah, I almost feel refreshed due to not updating the blog yesterday. I always seems to get around to it early morning, but yesterday I didn't really have much energy at all. Ah well, never mind. At any rate I spent a large amount of yesterday reading the Chobits manga. I started by reading chapters 86, 87 and 88, to see how the manga ending differed to the anime series which I'd watched long ago. Then I got a bit nostalgic, and spent several hours getting and reading all the other chapters, from beginning to end. It's such a good manga and anime, and I have to admit several times I almost cried since it was so touching. It's certainly different to the comedy fanservice stuff or normal shounen fare I usually go for.

Not only that, but I spent some time swearing at my Mai Hime download for still being so damn slow. I have 512 broadband which isn't all that good really, and with it I can usually get a download rate of 57kB/s or a tiny bit more. Mai Hime? Oh hell no. It usually never tops 30kB/s, and the highest I've seen it at, for a whole 30 seconds or so, was 40kB/s. Oh, joy. At the moment the whole series is at about 51% finished, and I have the first 7 episodes fully downloaded. Once I get to about 75% or so I'll start watching them, otherwise I'll have to face a long wait. I rather dislike those. (Grah, the download is at 11kB/s at the moment, flaming damnation!)

I've also been whiling away the time by listening to various music, specifically sifting through the vast amount of Shingetsutan Tsukihime series and Melty Blood game music, as well as the OST's for Hellsing. Rather nice chilly music, and some of it is even on my PSP for easy listening too. Reading Newtype USA also brung up a few interesting points, namely Gunslinger Girl. After browsing the Boxtorrents (i.e. "Gold mine") site for it, I saw it was only a 13 episode series, with good comments. Well that suits me nicely, and lies in wait for the fateful day when Mai Hime finally finishes saving itself onto my computer. I'll certainly have a lot to watch in the near future. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home