Thursday, September 08, 2005

Marathon.

Well I just watched all 26 episodes of mai Hime in a row. What can I say..? Dayum, that's a good anime. It's full of seriousness, good fighting scenes, romance, and the animation looks very good. What surprised me most was that the creators weren't afraid to have important characters die (and quite often too) yet there's a really happy ending. **Spoiler if you plan to watch the anime.** Luckily they all get revived at the end, and it's really uplifitng to see that everyone's loved ones are back to normal. The premise is that a HiME fights, putting the person she cares more about on the line (though they don't know that till later on) so if they lose, of if their bound 'Child' monster thing is destroyed, their most important person's life is absorbed to finish the master plan, so the person pretty much dies.

I really enjoyed it, and to top it all off, Gunslinger Girl is almost finished too, so soon I'll be able to watch the 13 episodes of that, which also promises to be a very deep anime. My watching schedule seems to change from light hearted stuff to deep and moving stuff almost randomly. It all adds a nice bit of variety. The only bad thing is I've not been getting much sleep lately, and my sleep patterns are all over the place. That much is probably obvious if you have a look at the times these posts were written. Thankfully I don't start college second year till this coming Monday, so I have a change to actually get some normal sleeping hours in still.

That's about it news-wise, apart from my usual browsing forums, posting, chatting with friends and so forth. So then, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home