Sunday, December 17, 2006

Skipped again.

Well, looks like I skipped writing the posts on friday and saturday. To be brief then - on friday I slept in instead of doing revision then my munchkin pal came round at 2 pm and left at roughly midnight. There was a couple of games on the Gamecube, some testing for my D&D gargoyle character, who only managed to kill ten regular gargoyles before he was killed, and some general hanging out together. Yesterday it was the boredom of work, then I saw my girlfriend again. Unfortunately her work isn't exactly good at letting her out on time and she was upset because she ended up being late to pick me up but I didn't mind so it was quite sweet that she was worried about me (as it was cold outside where I wait).

Today was yet again work, but whereas yesterday I was almost falling asleep during the first half of the day, today I managed to cope quite well as I had an extra 20 minutes sleep, not to mention also had a chocolate bar this morning in addition to breakfast. Yay an' all that jazz. I was even put on self scan for an hour or so to cover two breaks, though annoying my own break had actually started a few minutes before midday, meaning I had to work the full four hour period without any gaps. Harsh, and in fact it was only mitigated by the self scan time which I quite enjoyed. Normal tills seem to be much more emotionally draining for me. Meh I guess. After work I got to see my girlfriend again and it was bliss going from work to her. Her job did cause her to overrun again, but this time there was only half the wait of yesterday, most of which I had already been picked up in, so it was all good. When we got back to hers it wasn't long before it was dinner, and not much longer after that Hogfather started on Sky One. Admittedly I found it to be slightly disappointing, since my expectations were quite high, what with it being Terry Pratchett an' all. Overall there were quite a few details that didn't strike me as quite right. The Auditor's whiny voices, Death's appearance (which I feel should have been CG'd like the AWESOME Death of Rats), Death actual weaponry (which so blatantly should have been CG'd to look like the blades were made from blue light), Ridcully being as fat as the Dean, whereas the Dean was quite skinny, Susan having a cool visage yet not having 'The Voice', etc etc. Some people may consider these to be minor details, but to me they're quite important since I like the book so much. Unfortunately it also looked very... non-film-ish. That is to say, it didn't have the expected gloss and professionalism as most films. Since it's probably going to be four hours long, that's a great shame.

Half way through The Hogfather I had to return home, so I caught the rest of it when I got back. Part two airs tomorrow and I'll be around for it, so that's all good. The second half of the book was more interesting, so I'm looking forward to seeing it, even if it doesn't quite meet my hopes. Once it ended I went back to my room and put on some Bill Bailey comedy as I blasted apart another unlucky zombie in Urban Dead then after Bill watched some more Family Guy. As I only have two episodes of anime to watch, Naruto and Death Note, (conveniently ignoring Burst Angel or Garasu no Kantai...) I figure I'll wait a day or two for all the weekend and monday episodes to be subbed to I can have another mini animarathon. With only eight days left till Christmas too I really should get around to getting cards and wrapping paper. Meh, I guess I'll eventually get round to it on time. At any rate, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home