Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy Shopping

Today was incredibly relaxing for the morning, and gave me a good deal of contentment in the afternoon through till the evening. Unfortunately I ended up falling asleep at 3.40 am and woke at 9.50 am, so when I went into Game to check if they had any Nintendo Wii's, the answer was no as I hadn't pre-ordered. Fair enough then. On the plus side they only got consoles in for the pre-orders, so had I queued up in the early morning I would have been disappointed anyway, plus cold. After that I went to see my dad. For the past two days he's been severely ill, and yesterday got admitted to hospital as he'd contracted a virus which gave him a chest infection, then got pneumonia which simply sucks. He still didn't look all too good, but at least he could talk which was a big improvement on two days ago. Once back from there I decided I may as well go into uni, since Falmer is closer to Brighton than Polegate, and so in I went and saw a bunch of SWARMers playing Twilight Imperium. It's a pretty fun game from the looks of it, but I simply didn't have the time to take part, plus it'd been going on for a few hours before I got there. Instead I played a game of Magic the Gathering then hung around. It wasn't overly long before my girlfriend called and I quickly got on the train at Falmer. Thanks to handy planning it was the same train she was on, and seeing her made me really happy.

When in Brighton we popped into a few stores, Dave's Comics and David's Books being the most prominent two. I bought another couple of things, though my girlfriend decided to wait till tuesday before buying much as she got paid today in theory, and hadn't checked her account balance. Since she finished on tuesday at around 10.30-ish am, we'll definitely have enough time in Brighton to catch a movie, have a meal, go look in some shops and so on and so forth. At any rate as it was getting quite dark and we'd decided not to got have a meal out today, we both went back to hers and generally spent time together. It just makes me feel content when I can be by her and hug her. I had planned to walk home (which, admittedly, would've taken bloody ages) as my dad obviously couldn't drive me, but her mum drove me home instead which was incredibly kind of her. Once back I generally didn't do much (as per usual) aside from chatting on IRC as I hadn't been on it in a while. Once I got faintly bored with that I felt like watching something, so I dipped into the reserve of anime I have waiting for me, which I'll demolish on monday, and watched three episodes of Black Lagoon, two of Kiba, three of Death Note, two of Welcome to the NHK, and the final for Black Blood Brothers. 11 isn't bad considering I only felt like watching a few. I was quite disappointed that I didn't have more of those series to watch, especially Death Note and Black Lagoon. In Black Lagoon Rock and Revy seem to be getting on incredibly well, as she's nowhere near as violent towards him as she used to be, and it's obvious she likes him in a guarded way and doesn't really know how to deal with it so seems to stay a bit distant. In Kiba by the end of what I watched Zed was able to summon a glowing red Amil key spirit. Nifty. Death Note was simply supremely cool, with L revealing himself to Light. The plot quite blatantly thickens. As for Welcome to the NHK, the poor guy's lost his otaku friend who had to go home to run his family's farm, the poor bugger. The final of Black Blood Brothers wasn't too bad, and left it open in a way that didn't irritate the hell out of me, so it's all good.

I really should be off now as I have work in the morning and I need sleep. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home