Thursday, December 07, 2006

Seeing a friend.

Not much happened at uni today, though getting there was an absolute pain. Firstly I slept in, so had to rush like a madman to try and get the right train. I left the house at 10.05 am to catch the 10.11 am train, when it's a 13 minute walk.... What was more annoying is that when I got there the train was delayed, then canceled as there had been a flood in Polegate and a landslide in Lewes. Well bugger then. Furthermore, the next train was canceled too, and the one after that was delayed by ten minutes. Bloody hell... By the time I got to my lecture I was 25 minutes late, and faintly annoyed. This wasn't helped by the fact that the lecturer was merely holding a small quiz, there was barely 40 people there out of nearly 200, people kept randomly leaving, and as I'd handed in my case note the previous lecture I didn't even need to be there. This vexed me, as afterwards I had a two hour long free. Thankfully I met up with a couple of mates from SWARM, most notably the treasurer and president, and hung out with them till I had my lecture. That was quite packed with information and actually overran eight minutes, but he did manage to finish the course. Due to that he said he'd consider canceling the lecture tomorrow since the course was finished, and later on he did email everyone saying it was canceled. Considering I don't have anything else tomorrow that's quite handy.

After uni I went straight into Brighton to do some shopping and bought a fair amount of stuff. The most important was a Cloud figure from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. This was a combined birthday and Christmas present for my best friend since a couple of hours later she turned up and we generally meandered around Brighton. We went to Yo! Sushi and had a meal there was wasn't too bad, but quite expensive. After that we popped into the cinema but as she felt tired we decided watching a film was largely pointless. As such we had a brief stop in the arcade where I shot a lot of people in Time Crisis 4 (which is a fun game) then went back to Haywards Heath and I hung out at her house for a few hours. We had a great conversation since I hadn't spoken with her properly, face to face, for a hell of a long time. It was nice managing to catch up with her again. I ended up getting the last train back to Polegate, which was delayed (surprise surprise...) and got back in about 30 minutes past midnight. Then it was just a question of grabbing more anime updates to add to the pile, and prepare myself to stay awake. After all, I want to be up at 6 am so I can go into Eastbourne to get a Nintendo Wii. It's a bit of a long shot since I didn't pre-order, but meh, may as well try. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home