Wednesday, December 06, 2006

SWARMing.

It wasn't a bad day, not a bad day at all. It was however quite tiring. It started off with a seminar which didn't go too badly considering I barely prepared for it (i.e. basically didn't prepare and only made skeleton notes) then there was an hour gap in which I played Magic the Gathering before I went off to my lecture. In the Tort lecture the lecturer went over by eight minutes but managed to finish the course. I have another Tort lecture on friday, but since he'd finished he said that he may cancel the last lecture. If he does I'll actually have nothing on friday which is pretty cool as I'll be able to spend more time with my girlfriend in the afternoon. Rock on indeed.

After the lecture SWARM essentially started as people were already playing Twilight Imperium and several people were playing MtG, so I quickly joined a game that had only just started and proceeded to annoy my munchkin friend by picking on him. This resulted in him dying first out of the four player, me second as he'd obviously been hitting back, then the other two went on for a while as they tried to wear each other down. A few games later and it was time for the Paranoia XP game. This was played in the 'zap' style, therefore resulting in a rather short life span of each clone. As I'd spent a fair amount of the early hours of the morning planning everything I hoped it would go well and that people would enjoy it, and happily the six players all did. That was comforting as I hadn't spent a shedload of time in vain. After that session it moved to the zombies campaign, and that was quite fun to ZM since I got to scare the crap out of a few people. Entertaining stuff. Last but not least for SWARM I took part in the MtG tournament which consisted of ten people. It was a 'best of three' arrangement in a 'Swiss' style of play. I decided to play all three games each time as my games were quite fast, and in round one I flattened the opponent all three time, in round two I did the same but with more relaxed cruelty, and in the final round I got slapped all over the place. I have a grudging respect for Dragonstorm when it's used to bring four Bogardan Hellkites into play, doing a full twenty damage to me in one go. That tends to hurt. I still came third however and got a Time Spiral booster pack as a prize. Not too bad really, as the entry fee was £2.00, so I essentially paid 25p to take part.

Once I got home there was the second batch of MtG cards and out of the 1,000 about 400 were English, putting the overall total of English cards in the 2,000-ish to be nearly 900. How nifty. I also sold 511 Portuguese MtG cards today for £4.00, so that got rid of some of those. I just have another 644 to sell, probably for £5.00. That'll mean I'd have paid £31.00 for nearly 900 cards which is pretty good. I also sold a Nether Traitor, two Mass Hysterias and Ib Halfheart as another friend is plannng to make a goblin deck, so I'm helping her with some cards (such a goblins from both the Mirrodin and Time Spiral blocks) as well as constructing it. As that about wraps it up for now, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home