Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Like a phoenix I am, booyah!

Wow, it's certainly been a long time eh? Since Februrary very important things have been happening, like still being with my wonderful girlfriend, playing a crapload of Pokémon Diamond, spending a vast amount of time reading Black Library novels, socializing at my University gaming club SWARM where I'm now the Communications and Events officer on the three-man committee and generally living and having a moderate amount of fun. I still work at ASDA and get a respectable rate, so that's not too bad. Another interesting tidbit of information is that I've finished my first year of University. Though I didn't get the grades I was hoping for, I still got a solid happy pass so it's not too bad. Something to work on this coming academic year, no doubt. University was, for the most part, bearable. I reckon my slightly lower grades were probably a factor of complacency, panic and not revising till two weeks before all the exams. Possibly a bad idea, but at least the first year doesn't count towards the overall grade. SWARM itself goes incredibly well and, in my uni week, it's essentially the point I live for and is a hell of a lot more enjoyable. As law isn't exactly a passion of mine and merely something I can do, you can guess it gets a tad... 'wearing'. Oh well eh?

Something rather nifty indeed is the Soul Society has revived after a fashion. There's new blood on the forum, one of whom is an excessive poster of good quality, so that's extremely reassuring to see. The other new comer shows promise, but currently hasn't posted much yet, so I guess I'll have to wait and see how it all develops. I've rekindled my whole riddle fiasco with a series of rapid fire riddles which have gotten more impressive in terms of prizes as more people have begun taking part. Though one forum regular and mate of Skype said the riddles often seemed like they could be about anything I'm hopeful they're not all so confusing and unspecific. Since my characters on the forum are all XPC's now, or rather 'Xanthier Player Characters', I generally don't do much roleplaying myself. I tend to just act as the Storyteller as before, though every now and then I jump in if it looks entertaining. Latenter and pals aren't entirely dead yet, oho no, not close to retirement at all. Once this post is over I'll be updating yet another riddle, so kudos to the people who've got right answers.

I've also spent a fair amount of time on two other forums, those of Earth Eternal and Pokecharms. The first concentrates on an MMO in the making. Google it and check it out, it's pretty cool. I go by a similar alias there and have a small pseudo-Guild set up called 'The Enscaled'. There was a competition to add extra races and I was one of the 3 winners with a reptilian race called the Lisian, based on geckos. They look pretty damn cool, so I formed the Guild with the aesthetics based on them yet open to everyone. It's a gallery of rogues in a sense who all fight for themselves and, when personal gain is possible, for the Guild itself. The other forum, Pokecharms, is naturally about Pokemon and it's a pretty damn cool place. Though understandably there are waves of 'n00bs' every now and then the admins and moderators are pretty sharpish when it comes to warning and banning people. There are two people there who are incredibly good at spriting and one in particular has fulfilled ridiculous numbers of requests, all the ones from me for a start. My entire team is sprited as cosplays by her, she's an awesome friend.

Just to round things up for now, spending time with my girlfriend is utterly blissful. It's been about a year and five months now which amazes me. The fact everything is going so well and we're happy together just makes some aspects of life seem utterly surreal. I must be one of the luckiest people I know, and it bloody rocks.

I also still go down to Games Workshop on Tuesdays, and yesterday I went down briefly. Instead of staying there for the evening, as is the norm, my girlfriend and I decided to come back to mine to watch anime and what not. All in all a pleasant and relaxing evening away from a vast number of young and annoying children in the store, so a good tactical move I reckon. At any rate the riddle update beckons, so I'll be off for now. With luck I may be able to write here once a week. failing that I guess I'll stick with the incredibly sporadic updating schedule. At any rate, 'Yo' to all my friends reading this, and adios. See you all next time.

~ Xanth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home