Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

I decided to skip the post yesterday in favour of writing a post spanning both the eve and day itself. Though I don't believe in Christmas itself, what with the whole religious aspect, I do happen to be a happy capitalist and therefore don't overly mind promoting the consumer angle. At any rate yesterday I had to go into work, and it started off with a mad rush. When I got there early the store had the main doors closed, and there was a fairly large crowd gathered in front of them. It... wasn't overly pleasant to see from my viewpoint. Thankfully as the day wore on the number of customers steadily decreased. By late afternoon, roughly 4 pm-ish, I was only having one or two customers every ten minutes, so that was all good. It made the afternoon a lot more bearable I must say. In the morning I was nearly falling asleep due to only two hours of rest earlier, thanks to the Nintendo Wii. It's a fun console. Anyway, after work I went with the aid of my step mum, who actually drives unlike me, and picked up my girlfriend. We had a Christmas Dinner together with my family then she had a lot of fun playing on the Wii. She's 'fallen in love with the console' according to her own words. I assume, therefore, that she wants one. Considering her dad also wants to get one as he thinks it sounds like a good family investment, things look good for her.

After that she had to go home unexpectedly early for no reason at all, and when I asked her mum today she seemed quite confused. Odd and vexing, but oh well. When she'd gone I felt quite tired so simply went to bed not long after and slept for a long time for a change. Today I got up a short while before midday then got picked up and went to my girlfriend's house till 10 pm. It was great having Christmas dinner with all of them, especially as I got to spend Christmas Day with my girlfriend. Since I'd bought a set of six Marvel DVD's for my girlfriend the pair of us, and her dad, all watched Fantastic Four which they enjoyed. After that was random TV and chatting, and eventually starters and (a few hours later) dinner. In the gap we played the Zombies!!! board game with the whole family minus the mum, as she was cooking, and it was pretty funny. My girlfriend's dad held back and hid behind people all game, letting me throw zombies at my girlfriend's sister as she was nearest to winning, only to run in and steal victory from nowhere. Needless to say the sister was slightly surprised, but everyone else found it funny.

Unfortunately the time did come for me to return home, so with parting goodbyes I did so, having thoroughly enjoyed my day thus far. When I got home I spent some time with my dad and step mum, obviously as they'd get annoyed if I didn't, then popped onto my computer. I actually logged onto Guild Wars for the first time in bloody ages, and was extremely disappointed to see that the Christmas event was exactly the same as last year. The only new stuff was a few more candy cane weapons for the new classes. All the new Christmas quests were for Nightfall only, which completely and utterly sucks. Meh. Giving up on it I went to IRC, then was overjoyed to notice the 3.02 OE-B update for the PSP thanks to Dark_aleX. That guy seriously rocks, the amount of work he's done is truly impressive. He certainly helps define the PSP homebrew community. I reckon I may actually play Final Fantasy VII now, considering it can be run on the PSP. I'll have to think of what other Playstation games I'd want on my little portable gem of a handheld. At any rate for now I'll be re-watching Black Books in the background as I randomly chat to mates, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home