Friday, December 22, 2006

The new arrival.

Ah yes, this morning was certainly interesting. I went to doze off at about 8 am for a rest as I'd not got any sleep, and I was awoken a couple of hours later as a large heavy parcel hit me, courtesy of my dad bringing it to me. I didn't pay it much heed though I knew what it was, but I was up by early afternoon and opened it quite happily. Yes, it was my Nintendo Wii. Though I'd paid a bit more for it on eBay I still managed to get it before Christmas which is suitably impressive, and as such I quickly went through my mail, leaving a new White Dwarf magazine for later, and set everything up. The first game I tried was the Zelda one as I'd bought it on the day of release. It certainly worked well, and I played for roughly eight hours without a break before deciding to try something else. It took a bit of getting used to, having to swing the remote to slash, and many times I pressed A or B by mistake (wasting a fair amount of lamp oil.....) but I'm slowly coming to grips with it. The two-part controller is remarkably comfortable for me and I'm looking forward to a good multiplayer first person shooter for the Wii. Ah, that'll be sweet. There are in fact several games I'm looking forward to, but I digress. The second game, or rather games, I tried was Wii Sports. Though they were all quite good, my favourite by far is the boxing. Poor computer sucker barely got a few hits in. Mwahahaha.

All in all I spent nearly nine hours on the Wii, so afterwards skimmed through White Dwarf, updated the Soul Society forum and added a new 'riddle' of sorts in which people had to write the next part of it. I chose the one I liked the best, altered a few bits in the submission and my own riddle, and made a psuedo-anagram from all the first letters of the lines. Thing is, there's 20 lines, and the question is pretty much - 'After removing five lines, form a five word sentence which I picked randomly from my mind with the first letters of the remaining fifteen lines.' Needless to say, it's vaguely difficult for them. On the plus side the prize is huge, being three Artifacts, one of which the winner can choose for themselves. Considering that on the forum Artifacts are items of ridiculously nifty power, this has got the main group of regulars very interested indeed. Other than the forum though I didn't really do much else aside from chat on Skype to the forum regulars, so my day was in fact pretty linear. I may as well be off then as that's all the news for now. I'll just get in a last game of Wii boxing before I go to sleep. Maybe two.... Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home