Thursday, January 04, 2007

Retrospective.

To start with, a smaller post about yesterday as I didn't get the time to write it when I should have -

On wednesday I woke up early and didn't exactly feel amazing. I had a slightly runny nose and a sore throat, so I assumed a mild cold was attacking me. Regardless I was slightly happy as my wireless stuff arrived today - a wireless card for my PC (just in case) and a wireless router. Annoyingly I had to call both my ISP and Linksys to try and set it up thanks to the craptacular Speedtouch USB modem, but neither could really help. They just said to get a modem with an ethernet port. Well bummer. Later on when in uni I spoke to a couple of mates and they said just to put in all the details, such as DNS, in the router setup page and it'd work like a modem but alas, it didn't. When I got home that night I just bought a modem with two ethernet ports anyway, so that'll arrive tomorrow with any luck. Anyway, at SWARM a Magic the Gathering draft was run and so I happily took part. It was only the second draft I'd ever been in but it went rather well. I lost the first round rather annoyingly and in retrospect was even more annoyed when my mate realised I could of won had I remembered a card in my graveyard with a flashback cost. It'd have let me draw a card, another mountain, allowing me to actually play a blocker. Bah! On the plus side I completely flattened my next two opponents in the next rounds with three wins out of three. Accordingly I came third out of eight overall, whilst my friend who beat me came fourth. Oh, how ironic. The two booster packs which constituted the prize weren't fantastic, but it was lots of fun taking part. When I got home I felt crappy, so went to bed.

Today when I woke up I felt abysmal. I had a headache, a very runny nose, a harshly sore throat and stomach pains. I also got that excruciating pain which results in trapped air in the intestines (it's is incredibly 'not nice'), had a nosebleed and generally felt like death warmed up. Not good overall then. Since I felt this way I just went back to bed and slept, or at least wandered between consciousness and unconsciousness, all day till about 11 pm. When I got up again I felt one hell of a lot better, but it does mean I had absolutely no time to revise tort, which is a slight problem. Tomorrow I'll be going into Lewes Court, hopefully if it's open, to prepare my court report then in the afternoon I'll need to revise tort. My plans aren't entirely scuppered, just mildly inconvenienced. Dark_Alex also released firmware 3.03 OE-A for the PSP today and it's incredibly nifty, what with supporting PSX compression. Excellent stuff, excellent. At any rate I'll leave it for that for now as I need more rest to prevent collapse. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home