Sunday, November 06, 2005

An amazing day.

Today I woke up suitably early and saw episodes 2, 3 and 4 of Eureka Seven had started downloading not long before as the tracker had been fixed. That was just fantastic. So I decided to leave the computer on for the day to let them finish, and true enough when I got home they had, and ep 5 is starting now. I'll wait from watching them a bit, otherwise I'll have to wait to watch anything once they're seen. After I checked the comp I fed the cats and fish, then left for the station. When I got there at 7.55am, I waited for a few minutes and got the 7.58am. I arrived at the next station at 8.30am, waited for the next train, and took it to the second station needed at 8.51am. I arrived then at 9.05am, waited to get the 9.30am train and arrived at Crawley at 9.36am. From leaving my house at 7.30am, it took just over 2 hours. Well dang...

However I only had to wait till 10 for my friend to turn up, and we started chatting and such. We'd already decided to go bowling, so we went and did that. At first I sucked so heavily, but I eventually got a few good strike. In the end I lost by a few, so that was quite enjoyable. Since we still had plenty of time, (it was 10.50am and the film was at 2.00pm...) we hung around the arcades, then went and walked around Crawley Mall. It was great just chatting with her, and window shopping was surprisingly more enjoyable than I thought it would be. After that we had a coffee and a long, long conversation, then hurried to the cinema and saw The Legend of Zorro.

Such a classic, and better than the original - Zorro in his non-masked form, Alehandro, beats up some prison guards. His son, who thinks that he's never ever fought before, says, "Wow, where did you learn to do that?" Looking a bit stumped for a moment, Alehandro turns to his son and replies, "Prison can change a man my son." Just classic. Since we had so much spare time after that, and since she also wanted to see another film at 6.10pm, we went bowling again, and this time I was even worse. Luckily so was she, but again I lost by a bit more than a few, heh. We decided to while away more time in the arcade, and I finally beat her at a few games (most notably ice hockey, where the scores were 7-1 to me, 7-2 to me, and 7-4 to her).

The second film we watched was The Brothers Grimm. In real life the Borthers Grimm wrote a great deal of fairy tales, like Rumplestiltskin and the like. In the film however they were both depicted as conmen, tricking places into thinking they were haunted or such, and busting the witch, and getting money. Naturally it's set in a time period far in the past, and they do look a bit like classic Witch Hunters. However the film takes loads of their stories and corrupts them, wielding them together and changing them. It wasn't scary at all, but so very, very weird. It also provided great conversation after it ended, whilst we had a bit to eat. After that, since it was by then 8.50pm, we went to the station and began the long trek of getting home. The absolutely fantastic thing was however that I got a bit more serious with the conversation, and by the time we'd reached my stop I'd asked her out and she said yes. Considering how I feel for her, that made today one of the best I've ever had. A truly amazing day, of which I enjoyed it all, and now I'm with an amazing girl. I think I'm now incredibly lucky, and I'm actually looking forwards to college tomorrow so I can see her. If only ever weekend was as happy as this one! So, till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home