Saturday, November 05, 2005

Plethora.

Well today was quite eventful. For a first point this is the second time writing this, since I wrote a large post and it was completely lost by blogger as I uploaded it. God damn it. Anyway, my dad and step mum went on honeymoon today, so when they left at 7am I saw them off, then went back to bed till midday. It was very restful. Considering it's a saturday I also got up pretty early, since I usually sleep in till late afternoon to catch up on the sleep I missed during the week. Other than that I basically watched anime, which was a good, if slightly wasteful, way to spend my time. It also distracted me from the fact that though being home alone for 3 weeks has it's plus points, it also has it's bad side. For a start I need to feeds the cats and fish. meh. The anime I downloaded and watched today was 4 episodes of Blood+, 4 episodes of Mai Otome, 3 episodes of Solty Rei, and the first episode of Eureka Seven. The 4th Solty Rei episode is still being gained, and I didn't manage more Eureka Seven since the tracker went down unfortunately. All in all it was a pretty good plethora of anime.

Blood+ is a great dark and mysterious show, which raises quite a few questions early on. Not only that but the chiropterans, beasts that live by drinking human blood, look suitably gribbly to be dispatched by the heroine, who also has issues about her past. Quite cliche with the past thing, but when it works, it works. Similarly in Solty Rei, Roy is a very grizzled veteran Bounty Hunter. One day he is saved by a seemingly young yet amazingly strong girl, who is found out later to be completely bionic. Most people with bionics have only a single limb or so. Since she doesn't have a place to go, he lets her stay at his for the night, then tells her basically to clear off. However due to his kindness, she follows him around, and by episode 3 when she's required to be citizened, she's registered as Roy's adoptive daughter. needless to say he's a bit surprised, and it was a funny moment. In his past he'd lost his wife to illness and his daughter to the aurora effect, though he maintains his search for her. The girl he names 'Solty' has a bad past too, in that she can't remember any of it, hence her new name. Blimey this whole 'past' thing is used a lot eh?

Mai Otome is very different from Mai Hime, but since the characters are recognisable you still get at the very least hints of their character immediately, and feel like you know them already. It's quite a funny point for me that the Otome, who are basically maids for famous and influential people, are very good at fighting. Indeed one of the elite destroys something the size of a large building in less than a second. It falls apart into chunks. That's just impressive. From what I watched of Eureka Seven, it looks frankly cool. The mechas are more impressive than Gundam mechas in my opinion, because they have better designs, and they fly through the air on large hoverboards, using the 'waves' which look like weird green light. That's just cool, no argument. With any luck the tracker will be up again soon and I can get more episodes. So far 17 episodes of it have been subbed, and overall there'll be 50 in the series. So, quite a bit to get.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to get up very early, 7am at the latest. This is because I promised my friend I'd meet her at Crawley station at a set time, and it takes me a lot of time to get there since it requires 3 different trains. Not only that, but it's a sunday so the trains are quite spaced out, and there's no way in hell I'm going to disappoint her. I like her far too much for that, and I quite hope she feels the same way. The whole day is pretty much going to be bowling, then catching a meal and a movie. I'm hoping quite a lot that it goes well. It'll be a great day out, and I'm looking forward to it immensely. So with fingers crossed and wood touched (yay for superstition), till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home