Saturday, October 29, 2005

Tired.

Yesterday wasn't fun, but at least it passed. I managed to get pretty much all of the work done, though I left the photos till today. Bleh. My mum actually came round today instead of tomorrow, and so we went out around Eastbourne for a few hours, chatting and so forth. She actually bought me the PSP game Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects and the 'Draw Comics with Dick Giordano' book. The game's very good, you battle as a superhero and fight others in one-on-one battles. The arena's are completely 3D and destructible, it's great fun. Some of the fights can get insanely difficult since the only starting characters available are The Thing and Jhonny Ohm. It also has a card-based system, and equipping cards can give certain power ups when they're used. Pretty nifty. The book is quite self explanatory, how to draw comic characters and so forth. What I wanted most within the book however was the lessons on proportion and panelling. There are so many 'How to Draw manga' and 'Drawing Manga' books but they all just show you how to draw set characters. This book has the actual rules behind it, which you customise to suit your character. It's not just full of step-by-step plans to draw already made characters.

Anime-wise nothing's been happening really. I've only been downloading and listening to anime music. Namely the Ah! My Goddess OST's, the Samurai Champloo OST's and singles, the Mahou Sensei Negima's OST's and singles and currently downloading is the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children soundtrack. I'm looking forward to this since the music during the film was fantastic. I'm still searching for kakurenbo, at the moment it hasn't appeared. Similarly I'm still waiting for Blood+, Mai Otome and Solty Rei to build up more episodes. I think I'll probably start downloading them once they have 5 or so episodes released each, that'll at least keep me watching the shows in tandem for a day or two. Since I don't really have any work to do tomorrow (unless I randomly feel like going above and beyond the call of duty by doing more english coursework) I'll probably waste it sleeping then watching Firefly. I've still not finished downloading that TV series, and though the first 6 episodes are done I've only seen the first 2. Meh. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home