Monday, October 24, 2005

Fireflies and Manga.

Today didn't quite go to plan. I was supposed to go to the local cemetary to take pictures of the epitaphs for my english coursework, but since it was pouring with rain that was put off till tomorrow, meaning I need to change my schedule slightly. On the highly plus side the next episode of Shuffle! (ep 14) and Girls Bravo second season (ep 11) was released, so I downloaded those whilst I went to the cinema. I saw Sky High, a film about superhero kids with inherited powers etc etc, and it wasn't bad from the 'see all the superpowers and catch the references' point of view, but not that good otherwise. One funny reference was a small kid who turned into a giant rock golem thing. In his normal form he has ginger hair. Well orange and giant rocky thing is most likely a reference to, well.. the Thing from Fantastic Four. There was also a bully with the stretchy skills from Mr. fantastic.

After getting home and watching the updates I also watched the first hour and a half long episode of Firefly. That's a good series, and I enjoyed it almost as much as the film. It wasn't better than the film merely because of the lack of easily quotable lines, but I'm sure that'll pick up since it's done by the Buffy and Angel creator. To pass the time I also decided to start downloading the two Love Hina concerts, where idols representing the Hinata Inn girls sing all the songs from the series. Thanks to a severe lack of seeders only one of them will probably be completed by tomorrow, which is a pity. To use up the remaining download speed I decided to start getting the Ah! My Goddess manga too. There's 29 volumes to download so far. Wow. It's certainly been going on for quite a while then... Since only the first 27 are in a single torrent it'll most likely take several nights depending on seeders. Other than that there isn't much news, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home