Sunday, February 19, 2006

Kittens.

It was a relatively early morning for me today, since I didn't go to sleep in the first place. As I didn't need to be ready to go out till 12.30pm I spent most of the time either in the #Nyanko channel or playing Albatross18, the anime-styled online golfing game. It helped to while away the time inbetween anime. Fate Stay Night was just as impressive as before, though not quite as action packed. It was more of a plot episode rather than fighting, which is quite a good thing. One aspect Type-Moon are renowned for are their plots. There's also only 5 episodes of Kiddy Grade left to watch, and all of them will be ready in 2 or so hours so I've nearly finished that series too. After I've finished it I think I'll return to Neo Ranga since the poor series has been neglected by me when I went on a 'new series hunt'. One other interesting thing I managed to watch was the hellsing OVA. In my opinion it wasn't bad, but it didn't come up to par with the original TV series. The series had more artistic flair and had consistent animation, and obviously more detail. The OVA, of which there's only been a single 50 minute episode so far, condensed the whole series into one session, missed out a lot of details, warped Seras' personality slightly, and just wasn't as well animated. The character designs weren't as good as they could have been either.

Though the whole experience with Hell was vaguely disappointing, since much more could have been done with it, I simply shrugged and moved on. During the day I went, with my dad and step-mum, to my step-sisters' house since she and her husband are moving. It was a sort of 'last supper' for them in that house, so we went along to wish them well with the move and so on and so forth. I ended up playing Dan, the husband, in Super Monkey Ball. Though I lost at tennis, I won at golf, so it was fairly even all in all. It was a good day, and they have 2 kittens too. Honey and Bella. They're long-haired, so looked like slightly sleek puff balls of fluff. They were reasonably friendly but tended to move away alot unless you actively played with them using ribbon, mice and even straws. For some reason they also liked climbing into bags. Odd, but there you go. After the large meal and subsequent gaming it was time to return home and thus I did, listening to The Prodigy during the ride. Nothing quite soothes a car journey than The Prodigy. At the moment I'm debating whether or not to spend a ridiculous amount of time levelling up in Tales of Eternia. It'll take ages, but I'm sure it'll be worth it when everything will be slightly smoother later on. Unfortunately I can't spend too long on it tonight since I need sleep. I do have college tomorrow after all. As such, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home