Saturday, February 11, 2006

Rather busy.

Though it's now half term, the day was still pretty busy for me. Instead of having a nice sleep in this morning I instead had to get up so I'd be on time to meet my mate in Crawley. I managed to get the right trains and arrived at 10.15am, 45 minutes early just to make sure, and because the train times are strange. Unfortunately my friend didn't arrive at 11. Nor did he arrive on the next 4 trains, so I walked to the cinema and popped into Games Workshop on the way. I figured waiting too long at the station was pointless, so I figured if he was to arrive he'd make his way to the cinema. Sure enough, after arriving at the cinema he turned up, only 5 minutes after me. We ended up seeing Zathura, purely on the basis that it was a space version of Jumanji. Sure enough it was a pretty good film, but Jumanji still holds true as the best of the two. The first card from the Zathura game was pretty funny. "Meteor Shower. Take evasive action." Before the film though, and since I was wandering around shops on my way to the cinema, I found a pack of 10 DVD's, all about anime. Seeing the first volumes of 10 different series bundled up for just a tenner was great, so even though I had 5 of the series I still bought it. It has series such as Gungrave and Serial xperiments Lain which I haven't seen, so it should be worth it.

Once I got home it was naturally anime time, though I only managed to watch 6 episodes of Gantz and 4 of Great Teacher Onizuka. Both are good anime, yet the main character in Gantz isn't exactly a good guy. In fact he's a rather nasty person, but oh well. As with other works he may improve over the series as he learns. Onizuka on the other hand is a great character, living up to his name. Though I've only seen a tenth of the series I'm looking forward to how it all develops. It'll certainly be interesting to see how he completely wins over his assigned class. Since they're the worst in the school through sheer dirty tactics, and caused 3 teachers before Onizuka to resign from stress and stress related disorders, it's entertaining seeing how they try to break him. They almost managed it too. After this post I'll be doing my best to update everything in the forums, since I have one hell of a lot of work to do. I need to write up a good amount for my character in the arc and PvP he's in, not to mention soryteller all the other threads. At least it's a good hobby. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home