Monday, February 13, 2006

Le Sigh.

Today was quite a great day overall really. I had the customary 'no college' sleep in, and got up at around midday. Since I'd arrainged to meet up with my best friend today, yet calling yesterday didn't work, I called her again today and went round her place. It was nice just hanging out with her and joking around, and she even went to the trouble of making me a really nice cake. It was one of the few times I've been truly happy, and it made my day a fantastic one. There was also a fair amount of lounging around and watching TV, but that's pretty much customary really. Xiolin Showdown, Futurama and Teen Titans. Hurrah for cartoons, heh. I took my leave later on in the evening and headed home thanks to public transportation. Though trains can be late or cancelled quite often, at least they're convenient most of the time. After I got home it was back to the same routine really, animarathon, though a shorter one. I've just finished watching the rest of Gantz, i.e. 8 episodes, and the updates for Eureka Seven and Yakitate Japan. The ending of Gantz was quite strange in all fairness, but I wasn't fully disappointed with the sheer ambiguousness because as a whole it was a great series. With Eureka Seven yet more mysteries were explained, and the contents of episode 29 does help when it comes to understanding Holland's actions. As for Yakitate it was the usual interesting fare again, but what suprised me most was that there was an actual update. I thought the subbing group was on hiatus.

Since it's a monday today I also did my usual round of webcomics since most of them update 3 times a week or so. It helped relax me even further before job seeking reared its ugly head once more. It's got to the stage where both my step mum and dad are nagging me to get a job, and it's vaguely pissing me off. This is doubly so when one of them just walks into my room without knocking, sits of my bed whilst I'm watching anime, and starts talking to me in the assumption that I'll just drop everything I'm doing to listen to their preaching. It's entirely aggravating, especially since I dislike being interrupted in the middle of an episode, and the constant nagging is beginning to get to me. My dad is actually going to wake me up in the morning and drive me to Eastbourne and leave me there, just to find a job. I now have no choice in the matter, and personally I can't be arsed to get a job at this moment in time. I have no motivation for one, nor do I really care about a job in general. As such if I do miraculously manage to find one, I doubt I'll exactly 'put my all' into it. That's the main reason why I stated 'overall' my day was great, since this naturally brought it right down. I feel it explains the title of this post quite well. I can only hope that tomorrow I'll be able to find a job without too much hassle or stress. The main bad point is that because I'm not 18 yet I can't simply get a job anywhere. Once I hit 18 in July I'll probably change jobs anyway. Bah. Exiting on a bad mood for today, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home