Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jobhuntin'.

It was just as tedious and boring as I thought it would be. I ended up walking around eastbourne and enquiring, for the most part, fruitlessly. I did however end up with a few application forms, numbers to call, and places to give in a CV, but nearly all of them are merely to 'put me on file', where they can glance at the information when a placement comes up. Naturally this isn't exactly encouraging. The end result of 4 application forms, 2 phone numbers, and 2 CV's required isn't overly bad, but the fact that only one of the whole lot actually has vacancies is. Well, damn. This means tomorrow I'm going to spend an hour or two filling in the forms, writing a CV suitable for both requests, and filling in lots of information over the phone. That will probably eat up my morning, then just to pile up even more fun I'll most likely have to do a college essay, lest they build up on me and ruin my upcoming weekend. Searching for a job frankly is just incredibly boring, and in most instances fruitless. I know perserverence means I'll end up getting a job, but it's still an irritating task to do. Once I have one it shouldn't be any problem at all maintaining it, but 'bah' to the process of obtaining one. The Job Centre was pointless too, there weren't any suitable jobs listed near me. Meh.

Games Workshop in the evening made my day more tolerable, since I managed to play a remarkably quick game of Vendetta Bloodbowl. Basically it's the game played till one team is completely dead, so I naturally took my Undead team. being able to regenerate, and therefore ignore death, is quite a handy trait in Vendetta. Accordingly I won with no permanent deaths. Admittedly 3 of my players died, 2 zombies and a werewolf, but they all regenerated and carried on ripping humans apart. It was the best, and coincidentally quickest, game of Bloodbowl I've ever played. That was the only game I managed though, since I spent the rest of the time chatting. Once I got home I had a revelation. Blood+ is only up to 14 by Shinsen, yet Bakakozou have subbed the first 17. This means I'm free to watch up to 17 and redownload them as Shinsen release. That's quite handy really, because I enjoy the series a lot. I probably won't watch much anime after this post though, just possibly the Blood+ episodes. After all, if I save anime for tomorrow evening it should make my day far more tolerable as a whole. Since that about sums everything up, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home