Monday, May 29, 2006

Narrow victory.

An interesting morning to be sure. I worked from 9am till 1pm, and for the first 3 hours there weren't many customers at all, so it passed quite pleasantly with a moderate amount of relaxation. There were a few entertaining customers, but the most intriguing part of the morning was the sudden onrush of noise as a torrential hailstorm hit. It came out of the blue as it'd been pretty sunny, and afterwards it returned to a sullen overcast look. By the time I finished however it was sunny again, and continued to switch between bright sunshine and rain all through the afternoon. Ah, British weather. Classicly messed up. After work I met up with my girlfriend at Games Workshop and proceeded to help her learn how to play a game of Warhammer. It was a reasonably slow process as she spent a long time thinking about tactics, and I did my best to point out what she could and couldn't do, and the reasons why. My army was much smaller than hers as Tzeentch Chaos is hideously expensive, but with one unit and 2 characters I hate 3 quarters of her army, breaking it apart slowly piece by piece. However she managed to eventually crush that unit and the whole game swung. In two turns she decimated me as a small army can't lose much before it's in trouble. In the end it was a really close game, and I managed to get a 'Minor Victory' which wasn't too bad.

Afterwards she came back to mine and I introduced her to the world of Super Smash Bros. Melee. She chose Mewtwo, as she loves Pokemon, and proceeded to kick me around. It was... surprising as she'd never played before. Then she noticed I had Pokemon Colusseum and begged to play it. I simply couldn't say no, and after several hours I made the sacrifice of overwriting my previous saved game, completed with each critter nabbed, with hers. From the pure look on her face I think she was quite touched. In the end though our time together ran out, and after taking her home I decided to watch some of the huge backlog of anime I've accumulated over the past 2 days, as I didn't manage to watch anything yesterday. In the end I've so far managed to watch the latest 4 episodes of Yakitate Japan, the Full Metal Panic and Nekojiru-so (Cat Soup) OVA's, and the updates for xxxHOLiC, Kamisama Kazoku, Tsubasa Chronicle, Utawarerumono and Kiba. 11, that's not too bad considering I didn't have much time at all.

Onto description! I'll be vaguely brief since I want to go to sleep now. Yakitate had yet more amusing phoetic and semantic reactions, with several heavy puns. Without the notes I'd be completely lost. In the Full Metal Panic OVA Tessa had a 'bad day' which was pure entertainment to watch. The Cat Soup OVA made me wonder what the hell it was about. There was barely any speech in it at all (maybe 6 2 word lines?) and it was entirely abstract. Very, very strange. With xxxHOLiC it demonstrated the sheer bad karma that arises from the use of a monkey's paw, the item that's said to grant wishes. I felt quite sorry for the stupid lady who tried to use it, as she didn't word her wishes that well at all. The interference of the divine family in Kamisama Kazoku is, I believe, a strong indicator of just how much they're going to mess it up for him. I'm looking forward to it already, plus the animation style reminds me a fair bit of Eureka Seven, which can only be a good thing. Tsubasa Chronicle had yet more world hopping, this time showing that the people they know in alternate realities can be different ages too. Bit odd for Sayoran then, as family is quite important to him. The winged people in Utawarerumono demonstrated that they were the peace keepers and were very polite and kind indeed. Good allies there then. As for Kiba, he got his shard back. It rocks. Enough said really.

Now I just have 22 episodes of Jigoku Shoujo and the Himawari update to watch. Not too much then. However in 4 to 5 days I'll also have 110 episodes of Angel, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin off TV series, to rewatch. That could take some time indeed, as together they'd last 82 and a half hours if run consecutively. Well... dang. That should keep me busy. At any rate tomorrow I need to be up early to meet up with my girlfriend as we'll be going to see X-Men 3. As such I'm off to (finally) sleep, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home