Friday, May 19, 2006

Monsters.

Most of my day was spent playing Monster Hunter. Quite an inordinate amount of it really. The sheer amount of play time on it is growing at what seems like an exponential rate, and i still can't kill the blasted Blue Yian Kut Ku. The damn wyvern is ridiculously annoying to kill, and I've failed the quest 4 times. Every time I get him to within a few hits of dead he enters frenzy mode and gets very fast indeed, thereby attacking me relentlessly. Le sigh. The next time I take him on I'll be trying a combination of pit traps, poisoned meat lures and a sword using Genprey components that has a chance to stun. If that fails then it'll be trap and lots of posion, sleep, stun, piercing and explosive gun rounds. Before that though I need to get a full set of gunner's armour, so I need 5 more iron ore. How irritating. The rest of college passed rather uneventfully, yet as it's the end of the school week I was quite happy. After all due to various exams and teaching I'll only have english language and psychology lessons next week. I start college on tuesday at 1.50pm. That's blatantly good. It will be an ultimate sleep in. In other good news, after work tomorrow I'll be going round my girlfriend's again, so I'll most likely be able to happily watch anime and generally be with her. That's always a good thing, and always makes my day a lot better.

I didn't get through that much anime today at all. Out of boredom, and for something to watch, I got the first 7 subbed episodes of Soul Link as those are the only ones that've been subbed. Yeah it's another new series, but I figure I have the time. In theory. The anime itself reminded me of Starship Operators, but not quite as dramatic or atmospheric. The plot seems fair enough so far, so it's mainly a question of seeing how the series develops. I also got the first 8 ripped episodes of Burst Angel, but only watched the first one. The rest of my time was taken up by Monster Hunter, obviously. Burst Angel certainly looks cool. Yet more mecha, and indeed zombie-mecha, action going on which can only be a good thing the way it's done in the opening episode. Quite an attention grabbing sequence really. I'll most likely watch just a few tomorrow when I get home, since I'll most likely just want to collapse in bed like I do now. The updates have been pretty sparse lately, but as it's the weekend I expect on monday and tuesday there'll be a deluge of them. That should be enough to keep me occupied. As I really feel tired I'll leave it there. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home