Saturday, May 27, 2006

Screen time.

It wasn't a pleasant working day. Not pleasant at all. Since I didn't have company with my girlfriend after work to look forward to my morale was vaguely low. Not only that but I started off doing other people's tea breaks. Not too bad I guess. However after that I was put on the express tills for an hour or so. It was constant hell. Complete and utter customer hell. There was nothing wrong with the actual people apart from the fact that there were far, far too many. Oh ye gods. Far too many. After that I was thankfully placed on a normal till as they listened to my request. Even then it was hellishly busy and so I didn't enjoy the day at all. Not only that but my afternoon break was over an hour late. It started at 4.18pm instead of 3pm. The cafeteria had therefore closed before my break, and didn't reopen will 4.30pm. However as my afternoon break is 20 minutes by the time it opened I didn't have enough time to actually buy anything worthwhile to eat. That vexed me mightily. After work as my dad and step mum had gone out for the evening I caught a taxi home. That wasn't too bad, as the driver had a sense of humour, so that broke away some of the general stress of the day. I also got to warm up leftover chinese food and burn more DVD's for my friends. Gotta love a varied and exciting life eh?

As for anime, I actually had some to watch today, which certainly helped to cheer me up. I got through the first 4 episodes of Jigoku Shoujo, the next 5 episodes of Burst Angel (which means I need to wait for more to be ripped), the latest 2 episodes of Blood+ and finally the updates for Fate Stay Night, Witchblade, Strawberry Panic and Ouran High School Host Club. 15 episodes, a happy improvement from yesterday's bleak supplies. Jigoku Shoujo is certainly interesting with the whole prospect of Hell and contracts. It may not be a new concept, but it's done well. The only complaint I have is that some part are incredibly repetetive. The same animation is used in the first 4 episodes where she sets out into the human world in her coach, and of course the lines she says to the client and victim are always the same. As such I feel I'll watch it to see what specifically happens to the people involved instead of whatever she does. Burst Angel had more mutating monsters, which was certainly slightly odd. Fun to watch, but odd. (Spoilers ahead...) In Blood+ Riku snuffed it. Diva got to him and introduced her blood. That's not good for a Saya-based constitution. The emotional blow this'll give Kai is probably one that'll affect him for a good long time, like the death of the genetically created female vamp who became friends with him.

Another name was revealed in Fate Stay Night - Gilgamesh the Archer class. No wonder he had so many noble phantasms, which almost seems like cheating. Still, it was a very cool episode. Though Shirou can only 'image' items and therefore only make copies of stuff he's seen or knows about, he can make copies of some pretty powerful items. Witchblade had more busty and scantily armoured fighting, which was entertaining to say the least. It explained a bit more as to why Witchblade has to always fight. The killing lust is incited by the suit and upon the act of killing the bearer feels pleasure. It's practically operant conditioning then. Insanity inducing? Perhaps. Strawberry Panic was a strangely purposeless episode about a lent, misplaced and borrowed umbrella. Odd, but there you go. The last episode I watched, Ouran High School Host Club, developed really well and showed the King of the club and 'poor' girl get on well, eventually, only to have it ruined by a very easily misinterpreted set of actions. Poor guy, he rarely has any luck. Now I just have more Jigoku Shoujo to watch when it downloads. It'll probably be done by tomorrow, which means when I get back from my girlfriend's place I'll be watching a fair amount. Guess that's it for now, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home