Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Revision, kinda.

It was a vert short day at college today, as my first lesson was at 1.50pm. I went in for english language, then immediately after had psychology and went home. The lessons themselves weren't too bad, but again not much work was done. It was mostly note taking and similar small tasks. It seems like the teachers have caught on to the universal lack of motivation that each student has, and has cut down on the work accordingly. After I got home it was practically straight to Games Workshop after setting up a few torrents. When I got there I actually used the House Rules I'd gained to make my own Necromunda House, which I still have to type up the background for. The gang uses the superbly cool new Vostroyan models. Anything that looks like a cross between a Russian and a Nazi simply looks cool regardless. The gas masks and rebreathers look especially nice. I selected which weapons were available, which skills were the base skills and so forth, then played against one of my mates who was using custom Shaman rules with his band of Ratskins. In the end we decided to make it a form of campaign with us two and another mate who's tempted to collect the Van Saar House. At any rate the game was incredibly bad for both of us, as my leader managed to take one of my own juves out of action, crappy shot that he is. In the end my mate's team routed as a fair few had been laid low by wildly inaccurate shots from my forces. Quite fun to play, and we both did reasonably well in the after game sequence. I also got to see more of my girlfriend, so that brightned my day considerably.

Once I got home I spent several hours chatting with my dad and step mum, effectively procrastinating. I really didn't feel like doing sociology revision for the two exams I have tomorrow. In the end I finally got some done, where I read roughly 10 sides of paper containing various sociologist names, such as Bowles and Gintis, Keddie, Goode, Chester and others such as Bordieu and Parsons which I already knew. In short therefore, boring stuff. Since it took up some time this post has had to be rolled back on the Blogger clock in order to fit it to the right day, and I've not watched any anime yet. I plan to watch the 2 updates for Tsubasa Chronicle and the updates for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Disgaea, School Rumble 2nd Term and the first episode for the new series Kamisama Kazoku which is about a family of gods and the son who vows to make a girl he loves fall for him without using his powers. Though my mate with the Ratskins (a fellow Otaku) said it wasn't overly good I'll watch it anyway just in case I like it. Plus it's more anime to watch, which is a good thing. As my dinner is now ready and anime beckons I shall be off. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home