Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Updates!

Well today went smoothly, considering there was an exam. I think I may have been too relaxed really. I was supposed to start revision when I got to college at 8.30am, but instead decided to play Monster Hunter for a bit. I was going to stop at 9am. Um... guess not. 10am then. Whoops.... Maybe 11am...? I ended up stopping at 12.20pm, with just 50 minutes till I had to go to the exam. My bad then. I ended up doing 30 minutes of revision and no more since it was god-awful boring. The exam itself was similarly boring. All in all out of the hour I spent maybe 15 minutes doing nothing as I'd answered the questions. Ye gods, sitting there was one of the most tedious tasks I've done in a while, and I work in a supermarket. Afterwards I went to the small part of the english lesson left, then psychology. Luckily neither involved a great deal of work, so I was able to come home relatively relaxed. After a brief stop at home I went to Games Workshop and met up with my girlfriend. It was really nice chatting to people whilst hugging her. I think I may be passing the boundary of 'fair happiness' into 'a bit too much happiness for one person' since overall everything seems rosier. Not only that but after she left I had a game of Mordheim. I lost a Dire Wolf permanently, so bought it back. My opponent, also called Chris, lost 5 in the game, 3 of which were permanent. One of those was a henchman. The other two was his leader and second in command. Cue evil laugh here. His rating dropped from 104 to 57, the poor guy. It was fantastic.

When I got home again I had the added bliss of anime. Sweet sweet anime goodness to top off a fantastic day. Though I had an exam, my girlfriend tends to make any day fantastic. I got to watch another 3 episodes of Juuousei and the updates for Blood+, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Aria the Natural, The Good Witch of the West and another episode of Desert Punk because I found episodes 10 to 13 subbed. Considering I had barely any anime yesterday, 8 episodes today is a good good thing. Juuousei continues to completely rock, with the fights and plants. Plus it's hinting at yet more subterfuge, and had a good deal of background explanation so everything is coming into sharp focus. Blood+ was yet more backstory. Not bad, but at episode 30 it could be said to be a tiny bit late for an intro, or too early for a large revelation at the end. Maybe it's just filler information to distract from a nifty finale, which is still a fair way away. Melancholy continued to have an eclectic episode sequence, but seemed to fit in with one of the flashbacks from a previous episode. What odd lexis use there... The giant cricket was pretty cool. Aria continued to be almost whimsical yet pleasant to watch, whilst Good Witch of the West took a slightly darker role. The ending to the episode, including a slight amount of disguise, completely shattered nearly all premises of seriousness. It made me laugh quite a bit. Desert Punk continued to be good, with yet more mechanoid guardian fighting action. As for what I have to watch tomorrow, I'm currently getting Desert Punk episodes 11 to 13 and the School Rumble 2nd Term update. That's another 4, so not too bad I guess. Gotta look forward to tomorrow too, I'll be getting a 2GB pen drive and 16x speed DVD burner from Aria.co.uk. Schweet. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home