Sunday, May 14, 2006

No rest.

Urgh. Just urgh. The first half of today was a blazing hell. I was put on an 'express' till, i.e. 10 items or less. It was a busy day. I had no gaps inbetween customers at all. None. Zilch. The average queue size was 6 people. God. Damn. I started at 10am as per usual, and by 12.10pm I was glad to have my break. However when that half an hour of bliss ended, I was confronted with the prospect of 3 hours and 50 minutes without stopping. Constant, constant customers. Ye gods it was horrible, and I hope never to be put on one of those tills again if I can help it. Compared to those, normal tills with people who have shedloads of shopping are practically happy occasions. It was nasty, in that 'oh please let it end...' kind of way. Graaagh. Luckily I had company with my girlfriend to look forward to, and that was pretty much the only thing actually keeping me going. Without that prospect I feel I may have collapsed under the relentless bombardment of consumers. When I did get round my girlfriend's house we generally just hung out, watched some Takeshi's Castle and laughed at those taking part in it, and messed around in photoshop as always. It was infinitely better than work (which is theoretically impossible due to the nature of infinity, but what the hell, I feel like being elaborate) and I didn't want to leave her. In the end I had to of course, but I'll be seeing her again on tuesday. Interestingly it'll be after my first exam, AS level sociology. I still haven't revised for it. Hmm. I should get round to it really.

On the anime front I got a reasonable amount watched. The Yakitate Japan, xxxHOLiC, Higurashi, Karin and Good Witch of the West updates, the 9 subbed episodes of Desert Punk and the first 2 episodes of the Glass no Kantai and Juuousei series. 18 episodes isn't too bad really, considering I assumed I wouldn't have time to watch them all and would need to wait till tomorrow. In order then - Yakitate was more of a match developing episode for kanmuri, which wasn't too bad. He's taken a back seat role for too long as most of the focus has been on Azuma and Kawachi. xxxHOLiC was a vaguely strange episode about a lady who stopped wanting to use a computer. That's something I could never do... Higurashi seems to be an almost completely different story now, as the characters are all alive and it's progressing down a different path. I get the feeling that each chapter will have the same characters, same festival, but a different horror story. The ending for Karin was one of those endearing ones which made me smile. Kenta was quite self-sacrificing, in a good way. The Good Witch of the West continued the 'heir to the throne' genre which isn't that original, but the girl in question is a redhead. Therefore I'm not complaining, heh. It's a pity that only the first 9 episodes of Desert Punk got subbed, since it's a series that's great fun to watch. Desert Punk himself, or Sunabouzou to be exact, may only be a kid, but he's damn good at trickery. Glass no Kantai seems to be about a rebellion against the Imperium which has starships. Again not original, but the pirates who show up have an interesting ship, and it doesn't seem to be too bad. My favourite of the lot happens to bwe Juuousei however. Twins sent to a penal colony planet with overly carnivorous plants after their parents are mysteriously murdered. The animation quality is almost astounding, and the encodes I got were in huge resolution. Even after just 2 episodes it's already a firm favourite of mine. All I have to watch now is the Kiba update, which I'll see tomorrow, and yet another new series called The Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas, which looks interesting enough for me to get it. Currently therefore I only have 2 episodes to watch tomorrow, so I'm hoping more updates will be released. Since my rambling has gone on a bit longer than expected I shall take my leave. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home