Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lots of printing.

Today I ended up printing a fair few pages. I'd found a quest and boss faq and guide for Monster Hunter Freedom, so I saved it and printed it at college. 63 pages. I also printed up a colour sheet with an almost fully A4 sized Monster Hunter Freedom picture, which makes a good cover. I started with £11.05 printing credit. The 63 pages were 5p each, and the colour page was 50p. Afterwards I checked my printing credit again. I had £11.50. This naturally confused me slightly, but after asking around it was apparantly because the art and photography students, currently doing an exam, complained that they were having to spend too much personal money just to get their projects done. As such every student in the college got an extra £5. I suppose it was a bit of a coincidence that it got credited during my print run. I naturally played the game itself and in certain areas I'm getting rather good. Against massed packs of Genprey I still tend to eventually get swamped and die, but some of the larger game I can now take out with minimal damage. The Sand wyverns, lorded over by the Cephadrome, are annoying to kill. However I now know all the moves they make as they jump in and out of the ground, so I can time it to swing my sword to whack them full in the face as they come up. It's quite satisfying seeing one crumple after a few select hits.

Though Monster Hunter took up lots of my day I still managed a game of Magic the Gathering. Out of 4 I was the second out, since the other three all exclusively attacked me. This is probably because in 1 on 1 matches my deck tends to win quite easily, and I only worry about one other deck that destroys mana. In multiplayer matches however I tend to be easy prey, so I'll probably need to alter my deck slightly to make it balanced when facing multiple people. Hopefully the extra beefiness will help against single opponents too. The day wasn't all play however, as in law there was yet another mock exam question. The sheer frequency of them has been tedious, but thankfully I will have no more. Next week I won't need to go to sociology due to the sociology exams being over and done with on wednesday, and neither will I need to go to law as next week the subjects are for module 1, which I've already taken an exam for in January. Were it not for the exams on wednesday I'd have the day completely off. I ended up drawing my last picture for Sociology on normal paper instead of the usual scribbleboard, since my teacher wanted t laminate it and keep it as a reminder of all my drawings. As such I simply drew myself, and it was one of the best pictures I've done in terms of realism and proportion. I was faintly tempted to keep it, but oh well.

The last paragraph of the post. You should know this means anime by now. I only had 5 episodes to watch. The 2 updates for Black Lagoon and the updates for Strawberry Panic, Naruto and High School Girls. Black Lagoon had Nazi's in it. Well, new and improved Nazi's with a different sign who still acknowledged themselves as Nazi's. I suppose that's the same thing, but it was pretty funny regardless. It also depicted a little bit more of just how messed up in the head Revy is. She has a very bad past indeed. Strawberry Panic actually had a bit more pressure on some of the characters, with a rather hard hitting 'charm' tactic from one of Spica's ruling student council to try and distract her. It almost worked in a vaguely worrying kind of way. Naruto was... filler. Oh dear. High School Girls wasn't too bad. My hope that they toned down the ecchiness has, for at least 1 episode, been realised. Not too shabby. However since I ran out of anime I decided to get the first 19 chapters of the Yotsuba manga, and the soundtracks for The Lord of the Tings trilogy. That should help pass some time. Plus I also have the first 7 volumes of Air Gear and whole of Death Note manga to read. I always seem to fall behind on manga... Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home