Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A lot of poker.

Not much happened in the morning aside from getting ready really quickly then heading off to Brighton to meet up with my 'munchkin' friend. We both met up on the train then proceeded to walk around Brighton to visit the usual shops, namely Dave's Comics and David's Books. I spent more cash I really shouldn't have, buying a few models and a Ravnica booster box for Magic the Gathering. It dented my account, but I figure I'll be able to cope since I've only got a single present left to buy, and can conserve my spending (for the most part...) for a couple of months. After the brief time in Brighton we both went into uni in Falmer and hung out at his place listening to music till SWARM started. When it did the games of poker began. Texas hold em' to be exact. I'd never really played poker before, so when I started I didn't do all that well. I barely kept afloat, though at least I wasn't the first out. During the second game I went out about halfway through, though everyone was kind enough to lend me some chips. I eventually went from strength to strength, admittedly fluctuating in how many chips I had left, to eventually win the game. It was a last gamble on the hand I had, and when my actual good poker player went all in, I decided to call his bluff. It turns out neither one of us was bluffing, but my hand was slightly higher than his. Phew eh?

I quick trip to get a large doner kebab later and there was more poker. I deliberately went out early and decided I may as well have a rest, so I zoned out for a while. Though I listened to them my track of time wasn't the most exceptional in the world, and I eventually got up and started my Paranoia XP game by 7.50 pm-ish. Four people took part which wasn't bad, as there were only another three around. The GM of the D&D campaign I'm in at uni took part, and damn. He was good with words. He managed to get around a good deal of semantic traps I put down and actually only lost two clones in the last ten minutes or so. For a good two hours he was still on the prime. In a 'zap' game, where the average life expectancy is roughly a few minutes if not less, this was of course impressive. Unfortunately he'll be unable to play in later games since he works and D&D runs in the later slot. Oh well eh? After the Paranoia XP game it was time to go home and thus I did, collapsing in bed a couple of hours later, having played Achaea some more. Recently I decided to invest some more time into it, bought a small amount of credits and pretty much redid my whole character, changing him from the serpent class to the monk class. Now he can combo. How interesting. At any rate, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home