Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Painting.

I naturally got up late today and then proceeded to paint my gargoyle. I finished him off with a series of incredibly thin and layered dark green and brown washes in select areas. It gave some parts the appearance of mottled stone, slight weathering and so forth. I then added a tiny bit of colour by painting the shield face a subdued turquoise, finishing off overall with a small amount of static grass. Overall I'm rather pleased with the effect. Once it was early evening I went off to Games Workshop and met up with my main two mates there, with my girlfriend turning up an hour or so later. It was nice seeing her again, as even though it'd only been a day since I last saw her I missed her. I'm not too sure if having her on my mind so much is a good or a bad thing, but it's enjoyable at any rate. I ended up showing the gargoyle to mostly everyone I knew in Games Workshop, and thankfully (and rather pleasingly) all the reviews I got were good. One mate I don't see often repeatedly said it was good which was quite pleasing, though no doubt the fact that the model itself is awesome does help a substantial amount. I hung around for a short while after that before my group of mates went to the noodle place. This time it was up to my girlfriend to treat us all, as the rest of us had, over a period of months, bought quite a few rounds of meals.

Once that was eaten we went to the pub and started up the D&D campaign once more. My girlfriend's drow character seemed to be incredibly fearful of my monk and did everything asked without any question and barely any delay. Quite entertaining really. However during the course of exploring my monk got cut by a giant swinging axe and therefore started losing health over time. This was, quite obviously, faintly annoying. s such to finish myself off my monk quite literally dug his own grave then did 50 sit ups. The exertion killed him rather quickly. This leaves me free to write up another character, though I'm not too sure what to go for. I'll most likely end up going for a Warforged fighter or Paladin. It's sturdy, different, and can heal itself (if a Paladin). It seems as good a choice as any. After my girlfriend left the three of us decided to play pool, and I was a 'lucky bastard' as my friend put it. Both games we went down to the black, and both times I got it. The first game I didn't aim per se, but merely got the right colour in often enough to annoy my mate. The second game the black was an inch from the pocket, the white a further four inches away. My mate, to show off, put the cue behind his back. Yeah, he promptly missed and I got the black in. Oh how we both laughed, heh. At any rate, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home