Sunday, December 03, 2006

A happy day.

Since one of my workmates was ten minutes late for work today he was taken off self scan. He was then put on my till, and I took over self scan for the day. That was pretty damn cool actually, since I obviously like working there. The day went quite smoothly overall and the time seemed to fly past as I only have a few problem customers. About six out of each ten got something wrong though, but for the most part it was solved by pressing a single button. This is one of the reasons why I like self scan. Most of the time I simply pressed the odd button, walked around the four self scan tills, grabbed empty baskets and opened bags. Not overly exciting, but incredibly more fulfilling than simply being on a damn normal till of bored death. My break was also quite pleasant as the meal I had in the staff canteen was nice for a change. How unusual. After work I (as usual) met up with my girlfriend and when we got back to hers there was a gingerbread house to put together. She's wanted to make one for a while, and her mum bought a pre-baked and unassembled one for us, essentially so we could try it out. It was quite a lot of fun messing around with it and it didn't look too bad when we were done. I took two pictures of it on my camera before we had dinner, then tried to cut it apart from everyone. As it fell apart by itself I just cut up the sides instead.

Eventually I came home and didn't do much at all. I felt a bit dazed for no real reason to be honest, and hadn't done anything till coming here. I really do need to read some of the politics book I loaned out, then I can start writing the essay. I'll probably start with the functions of Parliament, if vaguely, so I can outline the benefits and drawbacks of it in a general sense. Then I can bring in the concept of reforming the House of Lords, using the House of Lords Act 1999 and the Royal Commission's 2000 report. After that I can introduce the Constitutional Reform Act 2005 as further explanation of the judicial reform of the House of Lords in accordance with the separation of powers. With luck that should be alright. I guess I should be off then, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home