Monday, November 27, 2006

Meh..... More work....

Le sigh. A strange day today overall. University wasn't too bad to start with as the lecture went well enough. However I went to look for a law case for my Frameworks case note and couldn't find it. That was a bummer so I asked the librarians to help, and they seemed to have it in store, but it wasn't available for collection till 4 pm. Since I was leaving before that, I had to get it reserved. I went to look for another possible case just so I could start, even if on a case that's not my first choice, yet the volume it was in wasn't on the shelf. Well... that was quite annoying. I then found my mates and played Magic the Gathering for an hour or so till I had to come home. When I did get home I pretty much freshened up, burnt some D&D stuff for one of the mates I was meeting for the buffet, then off I went. It was great to see my girlfriend again, and seeing my mates is generally always good. Though I only thought I was 'out of it', i.e. out of energy and quite apathetic, for a few seconds my friends and girlfriend said I was like that for a while. It's a bit strange since I swear it wasn't even half a minute long, but meh. I feel quite bad that I made my girlfriend worry. I hope she didn't feel too anxious. We all ended up playing in the D&D campaign my munchkin mate is running, and there was a room with a puzzle in it. I was quite slow on the uptake, since I didn't have any of my energy back and was doing my best to keep up appearances, but I eventually solved it.

When my girlfriend and one of my mates had to go I remained behind and played a few games of Magic the Gathering against the remaining friend using borrowed decks and it was quite fun. Admittedly one of the borrowed decks I was still a bit unsure of as I hadn't fully looked through it, I'd only played a single previous game with it. Even so I won with it again, then borrowed my mate's white/blue/green odd deck which I'd thrown together for him a while ago. I didn't do too badly and in one rather unfortunate game I was essentially a turn away from winning when he killed me. He was on one life, heh. After that I came back home again and, to my annoyance, I managed to find the case I'd been looking for, but online. It's not a 'hard copy' so it's not got the exact page references I need, but oh well. It is, however, 45 pages long. As such there's no way in hell I'm going through it tonight though I'd said to myself I would. I'll simply go through it tomorrow. With luck I'll be able to go through it and highlight important points, do the secondary research on it, go through all that, and potentially start the research for the Public law reform essay. The research for that may take a fair amount of work. I'll probably end up doing most of the writing this week for the two pieces of work on thursday and friday. I really, -really- have to finish at least one of the pieces this week, as I only have half of next week to write before the deadlines hit. Gah, it's all very stressful. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home