Friday, December 01, 2006

Research and reading.

It started well today, with the seminar going smoothly. I was a bit quiet as I felt tired, but I did answer the questions I thought I could and was right, so that was all good. The bright light in the room did hurt my eyes quite badly though, so that was a bit of a drawback. In the four hour gap afterwards I had an hour of relation and breakfast, an hour and a half-ish of research for my public law essay, then finished up the time playing Magic the Gathering with a mate as I'd got all the research I need. I ended up with a constitutional reform statute, the House of Lords Act 1999, several sections picked out in two main chapters of my constitutional and administrative law book, a politics book concerning the constitution and a report on constitutional change by the Royal Commission in 2000. That should be enough for a 1,500 word essay I do believe. When I played Magic the gathering I actually used my mate's rather limited selection of cards to make a mono-black deck based on creature resurrection. Though he had a black and red life steal deck I absolutely flattened him. I killed my own creatures a hell of a lot more than he did just so I could keep drawing cards, and I ended up with so much mana and enough critters, compared to his none, to just beat him down. It was especially funny since whenever black spells were played he gained life, yet I still killed him. How entertainingly fun.

After that I had the tort lecture and that passed well enough, though I dozed slightly for a few minutes here and there. I was still taking notes, but almost in a daze. Impressively they still seem to be coherent and, to me, legible. Nifty. When I got home I felt quite tired, so I took a nap till about 8 pm. Afterwards though not quite at full energy, I did feel a lot better,. As such it was then time to go through my research and I went through it all, bar the politics book I'd lent out, highlighting and trying to work out an order. As for the book, I got partway through one of the essays and it was quite useful as it's practically pure evaluation of the House of Lords and their function. Perfect. I'll most likely spend my free time when I get home tomorrow and on sunday finalizing my reading then beginning to write it. To be honest I thought I'd have been able to make a start on it today, but feeling so tired tends to stunt my productivity. I should be able to get it started by monday, and since I only have a single hour of lecture from 11 am till midday I should have more than enough time to finish it before wednesday. Theoretically I could write it during my gaps on tuesday, but that would require me to bring my laptop into uni, so I guess I really need to get down to work on monday. Le sigh. At any rate that';s the end of my rambling for now, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home