Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Quite overdue.

I'm 'many' hours overdue for this post, since when I got home I spent a fair while highlighting a law case for the Frameworks case note, spent some time dozing off, wrote about a sixth of the case note itself even though I was aiming for half, made the zombie poster as I was a day overdue for it (since I usually make it on the monday) then partially sorted through more Magic the Gathering cards. However I've entirely skipped ahead... So, to begin the day -

I got up relatively early since today was a full day and went into university quite tired. Contract went well and in the hour break I had breakfast, bought case books for contract and public law, then milled around for a bit. Public law similarly went well, then I did some work on the case for my case note, i.e. going through just over half of it and picking out important bits. As that bored me I decided, against my better judgment, to find my mates and so I did, played a game of Magic the Gathering then popped into Brighton. I bought a small-ish Spawn Reborn model which simply looked cool, as well as getting a few more core set, Mirrodin and Darksteel booster packs for MtG as well as another Time Spiral fat pack since I wanted the boxes to store the bulk of cards I have still in booster boxes. When the two eBay MtG lots arrive I shall have to find more room to put them all, heh. At any rate after all that I came home for a brief moment before setting out to Games Workshop.

When I got there it wasn't long till I was playing a 1,500 point game with my Chaos marines against a normal Space Marines army. The guy had a unit of nine Terminators which was a bit worrying, till they turned up and got shot to pieces. I didn't really want to let them do much damage to me. Overall the game went incredibly well, as in the end I'd only lost 17 men, and he only had a single man left who, if he moved, was likely to get shot by -many- big guns. Fun stuff. My girlfriend seemed a bit ill and admitted she had a cold, so I hugged her a lot anyway. I rarely seem to get ill, so that doesn't bother me. When she'd left I decided to have another incredibly quick 500 point game against some Eldar who managed to have some annoying Star Cannons as well as some Howling Banshees. 34 models to my 21. Oh dear. My men got absolutely taken apart by sniper fire, heavy weapons fire and got torn apart in combat. However through shooting I did just as much, and at the very end it was down to four Eldar Rangers and my Lord with two men left. My Lord just about made it into combat and duly killed all four with absolutely no difficulty. That was a damn close match and highly enjoyable as each death really counted for a change.

Once I got home I pretty much only did everything listed at the top of this post, though I also typed up and emailed some seminar notes for someone at uni I know since he'd lost his. I still have a load of anime to watch, as I didn't get to watch it yesterday, and probably won't till I finish uni, which is on the 8th. Gah, I'll finish then immediately need to start reading cases and all the textbooks I have. Bah. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home