Sunday, September 11, 2005

VLC.

Well I spent most of the day sleeping. I kid you not, I stayed in bed till 9pm, just because a) the Civilisation game day wore me out, and b) I couldn't be bothered to get up. Not to mention it was comfortable. When I finally managed to actually get up, it was back to making my eyesight worse (as it is I'm already short sighted and the furthest distance I can see in good detail at is about 9 inches from my eyes, tops) and I watched the 13 episodes and special of Elfen Lied. Now I know why this anime turns up so much with reviews. It's a damn good anime. There's a lot of flashbacks, but it shows that even with the 'chance' meetings at the beginning, nearly everyone has a link from the past. Good stuff, and the ending gave closure with just enough hints of what'll happen next even though the series ended. When Lucy has her memory and is fighting, nice. The series certainly wasn't afraid to show breasts at all (depending on circumstance. Lucy breaking her way out of the complex at the beginning shows her naked which is reasonable, since she's in rubbish accommodation and is... well, breaking out) and the sheer level of gore is nice.

Basically for an impression of the gore level of this series, imagine people being ripped apart with unseen hands, exploding, tearing apart with organs spewing everywhere, and gallons and gallons of blood. Of course that isn't all the time, merely often. The blood splattering over walls and such looks good too. After I watched that series, I started to watch Saikano, or what had finished downloading at any rate. As such it was the first 3 episodes. Not as much as I usually like to watch in one sitting, but oh well. It's started out interestingly enough, and seems to concern itself mainly with the relationship between Chise and (forgot the male's name) and the troubles it goes through due to Chise's change into an 'ultimate weapon', thanks to the military. Interesting concept, but at the end of episode 3 you can already see the tension and wonder what (main male character) is going to do, especially now he's met someone else he was close with before.

Other than that is was business as usual, and thankfully the Soul Society forums have been gaining posts thanks to my storyteller post in the Invasion thread. The other storyteller seems to have been away even though I passed the reigns of the thread over to him, so I can only hope he's doing well and will be able to get back soon. That way my own characters will be able to do more. The other 2 roleplay forums haven't really been moving. At all. But, since it's early days for them I guess that can't be helped. I've also been waiting for series updates, namely for Tsubasa Chronicle, which hopefully is going to be released later today when it's afternoon or so, and Bleach. Though Bleach has already been released, I'm waiting for the Lunar Anime group release, since I started with them and though they take longer thay always have good quality subs and so forth. Naruto wasn't aired on TV in Japan this week, and that's the only other series I'm currently following. Mahou Sensei Negima's 23rd episode still hasn't been released by Anime Council, but I can easily wait for that since I have lots of other anime to watch. So all in all, it's been a very anime day. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home