Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Eldrich death.

As hoped, today at college was marginally more interesting. Not by much, but it was still at least something. There was lots more conversation with friends, and I also tried to console my best friend who's going through a little trouble. In slightly more uplifting news I ate donuts. That pretty much sums up my college day, as it was just normal college, without a huge heaped mound of boredom. Games Workshop was again far more eentful. I actually leant a friend from there the Rurouni Kenshin movie. I bought it from America a while back since I really wanted to see more Kenshin anime at around that time, and truth be told it disappointed me. The animation style wasn't really like the series or OVA's, but at least it was something to watch. Since my friend hasn't quite gotten around to watching the series yet his expectations won't be too high overall. Apart from lending out anime I got around to playing another game of Warhammer 40,000. This time it was against an Eldar army with an insanely stupid amount of guns. I kid you not, nearly every single shot from them killed one of my Chaos Marines with no save. They were that ridiculously powerful. At the end of turn 3 my army was looking decidedly smaller, but I carried on anyway.

By the end I'd managed to inflict a few key losses on the Eldar, but my own army was just devastated. At the end I had just 3 men left, but they were part of the unit of the match. My Havok squad managed to nail 3 guns and a healthy amount og troops. Without them I'd have suffered in quite a nasty manner. It just goes to show that any one unit can be very useful and can help turn a complete rout into an acceptable loss, heh. Though a usual game takes a bit longer than an hour, this one actually took nearly 4. It was deeply involved as I tried to turn the tide, but to no avail. I learnt a very valuable lesson, that the Elder guns were just damn scary. Thankfully once I got home I had the prospect of anime to watch, yet instead I decided to type this first to make sure it was on time. I have the first 4 episode of Chrno Crusade to watch now. Since it's talked about a lot by my American otaku friends I fully expect it to be good. With any luck it will be, though since it's in mkv format I doubt it'll be hardsubbed, which is a shame. I'll just have to make sure I listen to it in Japanese, since I always choose to listen to the original voicing rather than the dub. Since the anime beckons, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home