Sunday, June 11, 2006

Light and a cap.

What an odd day. The time seemed like it was going incredibly slow, but seemed to pass quite quickly as when I did look at the clocks, large chunks had gone past. Though this seems like a tautology, it really did seem odd. Kinda hard to explain properly I guess. One customer also asked how I was doing, to which I replied 'Not that good.' Upon further prompting I explained that my eyes are sensitive to light, and as such I was in pain. A general ache behind the eyeballs (that's how it feels at least) and minor annoying headache. barely 15 minutes later and my manager asked to see me. I though I'd done something wrong, but apparantly the customer had gone to customer service and voiced their concern about me being in minor pain. This was naturally quite flattering, and in the end I was given a cap as a partial cure, to reduce the glare from the lights above. The thing is, it actually worked. I was much happier with the cap on as the pain gradually ebbed away, and I was apparantly more cheerful to the customers as the runners made a few remarks about the difference a cap makes. Odd really. Other than that nothing much happened at work. When I was round my girlfriend's house afterwards I spent a bit of money on Aria.co.uk, on a 19" TFT monitor for my computer. Including postage, just under £150. That's just under about $276-ish if you're American. Not too bad really, and since I'm, going to get a slightly cheaper laptop next month than I had originally planned, it's quite affordable too.

On Neopets.com Demirri's certainly grown a few levels, as he's now up to 9. His strength went up too, which wasn't bad at all. I'll have to play a few more games however to rake in enough neopoints to buy more dubloons, as I need to get his level to 10 and all his attributes to 20. That will be quite pricey for me as a new player, weighing in at roughly 35,000 to 40,000 neopoints. I have barely 12,000 in the bank. Oh dear then. Putting Neopets.com out of my mind once I got home, I updated the forum as per usual and went on to revision. Psychology to be exact, mostly the cognitive and psychodynamic theories, with some humanistic added in to add variety. On the anime front I managed to watch the updates to Ray the Animation, High School Girls (finally), Magical Pokan, xxxHOLiC and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Ray the Animation had a rather large discovery for ray from her own adoptive mother. Cloning seems to be a rather common concept in the future, with not-so-pleasant consequences. Having 2 copies of a deceased person walking around, one with all the memories of said corpse, can't be a good thing. High School Girls made me chuckle a buit, but the fan service rocketed yet again. Not always a bad thing, fan service can still horribly mutilate and wreck a plot line. As the whole plot of High School Girls apparantly lives off of fan service, this may not be a problem for the series. Magical Pokan's fan service similarly shot through the roof. However as this series is incredibly cute, it could only be a good thing. The second 'episode' of the two within the main episode made me laugh especially hard. Those poor clueless girls... Watanuki yet again had to put up with Doumeki in xxxHOLic (wow, I'm remembering names!) in a ghost story session which had some incredibly non-scary stories. Regardless it was a nice episode to watch. As for Higurashi, more freaky creepiness. The beginning was based on the previous storyline. Interesting corpse, to say the least. After the opening credits however it was onto yet another storyline, which was similarly... 'interesting'. Goos prospects there then. For now, as it's late, I'll probably watch the Burst Angel update then go to sleep, as I'll be up to date again. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home