Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Shadows of a Vostroyan.

My 250th post already. It doesn't seem that long ago when I actually started my blog, but already I've reached a quarter of a thousand. Dang... Well anyway, today I got up early and visited the nearby Cat Sanctuary briefly as my dad and step-mum want a new cat. My dad duly picked one out, and I set off to Games Workshop. Arriving at 12.15pm, I sat down to paint almost immediately. I'm quite determined to paint my Vostroyans since I a) spent a reasonable amount of money on them, b) they're very nice models, and c) I only have 2 finished Warhammer 40k armies, and another one painted to a high standard is appealing. They're definitely a lot better than my previous painting work, and I was getting quite a bit of praise. That was definitely nice. I managed to get another 5 to the 'practically complete' stage, with just the metal and base to go. That raises the total of almost done models to 6 out of 25. I'm slowly getting there. I also had 2 games of Necromunda against my friend with the ratskins, and a game of Mordheim against another Chris I'm friends with.

The Necromunda games went fairly well. In the first I didn't do too badly and got a shedload of experience, 129 for only 5 men. Jeebus. In the second my poor mate did horribly. Though he took out 3 Spyrers (making one cause fear, blinding one in one eye and with the other having no adverse effects) he ended up permenently losing 3 men to deaths, even with the injury rerolls that he's allowed to make. Then, as his leader died, a vast amount of the remaining group fought to establish the new leader. Though he got exp from it, and a fair amount too, yet another Ratskin left as he gained hatred towards his own gang. Quite an unlucky game then.... As for Mordheim, I had my full Undead warband of 15 against a small Human warband comprised of just 5 heroes. No henchmen, just those 5 lonely men. They were all pretty good though, with nice skill and stat increases. They all got taken out in quick order by my mass of men. It was... a quick game. Rather quick indeed. Several of my heroes improved due to the fight, and they're a bit harsher than before, as is the human warband. They suffered no permanent deaths, which was quite lucky.

As always when I got home I went to watch anime. Due to Angel having hogged a fair amount of time to finish up I didn't get to download much actual anime. I still got to watch 2 episodes of Desert Punk and the updates for Ah! My Goddess second season, as another got released in quick order, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I also managed the 2 most recent episodes of Magical Pokan. Whilst burning all 5 series of Angel to DVD, and therefore using up 9 of my stash, I worked my way through the episodes. Quite an economical use of time really. Desert Punk continued to be funny. Sunabouzu can kick ass when he wants to, even if his plans go a bi'wrong'. Ah! My Goddess finally depicted Belldandy with jealousy, and just like in the manga it was quite explosive. Good stuff. Melancholy continued to be in an odd order, but the grown up version of Asahina who travelled back in time to warn the guy was worth the slight confusion, as was the android fight. That rocked, quite blatantly. With Magical Pokan the girls continued to be cute in their mishaps and adventures, which is exactly one of the reasons I watch the anime. Now I just have to get the most recent Black Lagoon and Kamisama Kasoku update. More Revy, then divine antics. Not too bad. However I still need to revise today, so I better bust out the psychology now... le sigh. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home