Sunday, June 04, 2006

Neopet newness.

Well work today was yet more of the same hellish temporal joy. The time seemed to stretch on and on, and though I looked at the clock rarely throughout the day and lots of time was passing, it felt like the clock was going at half speed. Seriously not fun. On the plus side I got to see my girlfriend after work, so that completely cheered me up. We spent a great deal of time on Neopets.com, a place I'd not heard of before. She's been on it nearly 3 years, and introduced me to it. I ended up getting an account and a neopet called Demirri. It's kinda cute, so I immediately started practicing killing, or rather 'knocking out' other creatures in the single-player Battledome. I also played a few games, bought a few items, and got a Petpet, a little pet for my pet. Erm... odd, but enjoyable. She also leant me a few items to get the hang of the whole aspect of fighting, and they were pretty handy. After that it was pizza and watching Fullmetal Alchemist. Watching an episode of that a week has really rekindled a desire to rewatch the whole series when I have the time, which'll probably be after my exams. Once I got home not only did I watch anime, but I also spent a fair amount of time sifting through the adoption centre on Neopets.com, looking for a rare pet that's been abandoned. I only spotted a few 'restricted', i.e. harder to get, monsters, but I've not given up hope yet.

The anime I watched wasn't too bad a mix. I got through the updates for Ergo Proxy, Ouran High School Host Club, Inukami, Zegapain, xxxHOLiC and Demonbane. Though only 6, they're definitely quite varied. Ergo Proxy had more intrigue and talk of Proxy as a singular being, which was interesting since it was revealed there are a fair few more than one. Ouran made me laugh quite a bit due to the introduction of a rival club for the Ouran lads, comprised of performing women who host plays and such. Inukami was yet more cruelty for the main male character. His 'follower' Inukami seems to have a remarkable amount of control over him. There was a huge revelation in Zegapain that puts it on par, if not further than, the Matrix in terms of humanity's downfall. We seem to suck at surviving in futuristic settings. xxxHOLiC seemed to revisit an older episode where the 'victim' suffers from an adverse effect due to lying. It's interesting to see how this one will differ. In Demonbane, Al Azif continued to look like a lolicon idol, and proceeded to help the main antagonist fight his way into almost prime position. Now the guy finally has a reason to fight after his run in with the supreme bad guy. Thank heavens that's not cliche eh? For now I just have a few episodes of Magical Pokan to watch, as well as the Black Lagoon and Utawarerumono updates. No doubt I'll have them blitzed by tomorrow. As such, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home