Thursday, June 01, 2006

On time yet again.

Wow, I remembered the post today. Nifty eh? I slept in for a short while this morning, hauling myself out of bed at the incredibly early time of 1pm. Harsh, I know. In the end I went to Games Workshop after milling around aimlessly for a bit, and I got there at roughly 2.45pm. I then proceeded to spend more money. £15 to be precise, £4 on 2 paints (expensive....) and the other £11 on a blister pack of Eldar Swooping Hawks and a blister of Dark Eldar Mandrakes. The 2 S'hawks I subtly converted, cutting off most of the extended helmet and resculpting the back of the head into a normal round cranium. For the 3 Mandrakes I added a few gun barrels here and there, and added more material to their faces to make them have a more secretive air about them. The main purpose for these models, for armies I don't even collect, was to use them as Spyrers in Necromunda. They suit the roles perfectly as the flying Yelds and the spider-like Malcadons. This means I now actually have valid models from my Spyrer team, instead of the faintly rubbish stand in models I used for the games on tuesday. I managed to basecoat them too, so now all I have to do is paint them up in a fairly neutral dark grey/black colour scheme with details picked out in bone and red, with the occasional green or orange sniper sight and goggle lenses. They'll look quite stealthy indeed.

When I got back home I decided to watch my anime, and got through the Aria the Natural, Ray the Animation, Naruto, Soul Link, Strawberry Panic and Zegapain updates. Only 6, but there weren't any other updates and so I didn't have more to watch anyway. Aria was, yet again, whimsy pleasantness. Ray the Animation had an interestingly strange contagion in the episode, and Ray's childhood friend made an appearance at the end. Intriguing. Naruto wasn't too bad compared to previous fillers, and the flower ninja attacks were pretty funny. As for Soul Link there wasn't much development aside from the small but interesting fact that the little girl apparantly kills the Skylla condition. The Strawberry Panic episode was a stand alone story, like most of the episodes so far, and this one was about investigating ghost stories. Not too bad really. Zegapain involved yet more quandry about reality, and the question of which world was virtual seemed to weigh down quite heavily on the main male character. Yeah, I still fail at remembering most anime names. Meh, oh well. The only other real news is that on the Soul Society forums I implemented a Riddle Zone section, to post weekly riddles which result in prizes. As that wraps it up, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home