Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Even more Pokemon.

The day started rather nicely indeed, since my girlfriend came over before we both went to games Workshop. We sat outisde for a bit since it was nice out, but eventually she inevitably wanted to play Pokemon Colusseum on my Gamecube. I happen to like my Gamecube even though I've not got many games, and to be honest I barely play it. However as she loves Pokemon it's nice to see her having fun, so I never mind her playing on it. Over the course of her visits she's racked up a total just above 9 hours of playing time, which isn't too bad considering she's not been round all that often. The game playing was accompanied by random music as I went through the albums on my computer randomly, which certainly leant the game an unusual feel. In the last afternoon we both went to Games Workshop to take part in the Inquisitor campaign.

I thought I was absolutely screwed, since I was the only character outside at all, on the roof of the building, on my team, whereas I faced at least 10 others, I kid you not. Thankfully most of them ignored me and ran for the building I was on, going inside and taking heavy fire from my team mates. I managed to get a few nice shots off, and completely escaped injury. However at the end three others were about to reach me which definitely wasn't good. As such I elected to take a huge fall to try and escape, and instead did enough damage to send myself into system shock. Well, ouch. So much for a covert escape. I was actually captured by the enemy and severely interrogated also. Prior to the game I'd spent a lot of time working out details with my team, and we worked out a lot of important information thanks to a few things I spotted combined with everyone's conjecture. Annoyingly thanks to the interrogation I didn't actually have a choice but to tell the enemy exactly all that we knew, and where we were going next. We're seriously the underdogs since the enemy always without fail seems to outnumber us, and now they know what we're doing. Damn eh? My character did make it back to my team, but since he'd been infected with a great deal of diseases I was shot on sight. So, that means my character's gone from the campaign then. Next week I'll most likely take over another, such as the Eldar ranger since I played him in the first game I took part in and did rather well. Still, it's slightly annoying that I metaphorically spilt my guts thanks to interrogation then died.

Late last night after my post I decided to actually watch the Honey & Clover II, Chocotto Sister and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni updates. Honey & Clover was one of the most serious episodes I've seen in the series, which is saying something as lots of it is deeply meaningful and emotional. Still, 2 of the characters made some progress with eachother in their love lives, which was definitely a good thing. Chocotto Sister had more cuteness, and the introduction of a few new character, and lead up to yet another. From what I can tell the landlady will only turn up for one more episode, making a grand total of 2. Oh, how flash. As for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, it finally has an arc with Satoshi in it, so now it's possible to judge him according to the other arcs which all mentioned him. I also have an utawarerumono and (at long last!) Black Lagoon update to watch, as well as the first 3 episodes from a new series called Binbou Shimai Monogatari, based around 2 sisters without parents, due to early death, who are very poor but happy living together. That should prove to be different to what I usually watch, so will probably qualify as 'a nice change' for when I feel like watching something different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home