Friday, July 21, 2006

Wow, it's early.

It's not often I get to make a post over an hour before the deadline, nifty stuff eh? At any rate last night I spent most of my time updating the forum, and in the early hours of the morning decided to try playing Hero Online, as my main gold ticket in SRO had run out. As a game, Hero Online doesn't seem that bad. It has a few features SRO doesn't. For one, any pet can be set to automatically attack monsters, can defend itself when attacked, or can be set to defend you. Not only that but the item-grabbing system is much more convenient. All you have to do is press S to get an item, and it doesn't involve walking to it and actually picking it up, it just zooms into your inventory. That means that if there's enough monsters nearby (and so far there definitely has been......) you can in effect attack continuously with barely any lag time between kills. Naturally this makes for faster levelling. Unfortunately, the game has one major drawback. Ye gods, it's horrendously fugly. Yes, that's right. It officially qualifies as supremely fugly. SilkRoad Online has rather nice visuals, and a good amount of detail. Hero Online? It's not the worst I've seen, as it's got more detail than Xiah, but it's still pretty dire. The pets I've seen look very flat, and some of the monsters don't look all that detailed or textured. I'll probably keep playing it for a bit, but it won't take up much of my time.

As such I went to bed at 7.21 am this morning, and got out of bed at 3 pm thanks to the heat. I was awake from midday, but really didn't have much energy at all. It wasn't that fun. Since most of the day had already gone I went stright to work. Well, SilkRoad Online that is. Yes, my life is incredibly exciting, shush. With the use of 1 of the 2 remaining day tickets, I got up to 75%. I could have got up to 80%, or even 82%, but couldn't as I bloody died 3 times. One of those times was due to lovely lag. Everything paused for about 15 seconds, and when it restarted I suddenly died as 15 seconds' worth of attacks from 3 scorpions suddenly hit me at once. That sucked rather heavily. On the plus side I'm still well within target, as I started at 38%. This means I managed to get 37% from 3 hours, and I still have a 3 hour ticket left. As Hrilmari my wolf is only 15% behind me now, I just may be able to get her to level 40, or insanely close. If the latter, I'll keep going regardless of the ticket time just to get the great result of a much bigger wolf.

Additionally, I managed to fit in 11 episodes of anime into my action packed day, wowzers. I watched the updates for Bleach, Naruto, School Rumble, Air Gear, Strawberry Panic, Chocotto Sister, Zero no Tsukaima, Inukami and 3 episodes of Muteki Kanban Musume. Since I've already rambled on a fair bit I shall, once again, be brief except for the new series. Bleach wasn't too bad. My character on the forum uses shadow, so the newest Bound was interesting. Naruto was simply odd, but passage... I guess. As for School Rumble? It had Harima, Tenma's sister, and a huge manga editor. You know it rocked. Air Gear was similar cool, though not thanks to comedy, as it had the start of Ikki's match to keep going on with air gear. Strawberry Panic had the actual play which was nice. Chocotto Sister is based on the premise that a guy wished for a baby sister for Christmas when he was young, as his mother had gone through complications and the expected baby sister hadn't survived birth. However Santa gives him the sister when he's a late teenager, so you can assume some comedy will ensure. It was also simply a nice episode to watch, and I like the series already. Zero no Tsukaima had yet more 'zero' wizardess antics and her familiar going through pain, but he came out in several good situations. Jealousy from his master? Oh I think so. Inukami had a really strange ferret. As for Muteki Kanban Musume, well... it's very odd. The poster girl involved can get hideously violent which is a laugh, but her massive evil grin can occasionally get odd. Ah well, till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home