Thursday, July 27, 2006

Movies and Beatdowns

I actually had to get up early this morning, since my best friend was coming round for the day. She'd not been out and about much recently, so I invited her round so she'd have something different to do for a change. After working out the train times she arrived at around 2 pm, though she was slightly ill which concerned me a fair bit. Thankfully it wasn't too serious, so after a snack we watched the harry Potter 4 movie together. I seem to be watching this movie quite a few times with various people. I guess it's quite popular really. Afterwards we decided to have a go on my Gamecube, and went through Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, 007 Agent Under Fire and Super Smash Bros. Melee. The beatdowns handed out were pretty even for both sides actually, though in 007 I had the slight edge with knowing where everything was. A photon cannon tends to make killing vaguely easier after all. In Bloody Roar we both quickly found characters that worked for our styles, though in the end she chose the character I was using and proceeded to beat me with 5 rounds to 4 in a surprisingly quick match. That one was pretty fun. After that it was time for her to go, and so off we went to the station, chatting as we went.

Later on after I got back I decided to once more watch anime. Hey, it's just one of the things I do regularly. Naruto, Kiba, xxxHOLiC, Strawberry Panic, School Rumble and Zero no Tsukaima were all watched. Naruto wasn't as bad as normal, as it had a potential rival for Rock Lee, which is always at the least slightly interesting. As for Kiba, Rebecca is clearly deranged and hellbent for revenge. Not exactly a reliable ally you can trust then eh? The pipe fox in xxxHOLiC was a full Kitsune, which made things harder for poor Watanuki. On the plus side he saw the Vestal spirit who likes him again, and managed to give her a present. How noble of him, considering he likes Hima-chan so much. In Strawberry Panic more details about the Etoile came up, such as the fact that there are supposed to be two, yet the current Etoile's partner passed away. next episode looks like it'll be a lot of informative background which'll make a change from what's been going on recently. School Rumble had some pretty dire and unfortunate assumptions about harima, which doesn't make his life any easier. oho, how I laughed, heh. Finally with Zero no Tsukaima, the familiar kid proved how noble his character was by 'fighting' to liberate a maid who'd been claimed by a noble. As that rounds it up, I guess I'll end it there for today. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home