Friday, July 28, 2006

Trade runs.

Hmm. The majority of today was spent listening to Syetem of a Down music (I still am now) but other than that I just hung around chatting to friends over MSN and Skype. After talking with one girl who now plays SRO a large amount (after I got her interested in the game) I decided to go on myself and try to finish a few more quests. As it was I quickly got bored fruitlessly killing swathes of weaker monsters, so agreed to do a trade run with my friend. We started off with her, level 24, as the merchant. This meant that the NPC thieves that spawned were a pathetic level. Well, the same as her actually, but I'm level 40 and killed them in 2 hits. As such we managed to avoid major incident and completed a trade run with no problems. Because of this we decided to do another, and I made it nearly all the way. Annoyingly a player thief at least 24 levels higher than me, my evaluation based on what weapon he was holding, came along and quite literally nuked me. He did over 4.4k damage in one hit, and I barely have over 3.5k health. That sucked a bit, but I found out that when dying to a thief, as a hunter, barely any exp is lost. I lost 4k of exp which was nothing, since a normal death loses me around 87k. That was a huge relief. Since my friend had completed 2 trade runs with no problem for herself, we decided to do one with me as the merchant and her as the hunter. Though the spawning thieves were level 38 to 40, she only died twice. This was because I kept killing them before they could attack her, so we managed to complete the trade nicely, and both of us made a profit which wasn't too bad at all really.

After the three successful trade runs we both decided to log off for some rest, and I resumed chatting to several people. I'd shown my best friend the game when she was round yesterday, and today she asked for the link to the site for it. Another convert? Oho, I certainly think so. Though I had some spare time instead of watching the two anime episodes I have I started reading Battle Royale instead. I've only got through 101 pages so far since I keep getting distracted and doing something else for a while, talking to friends for the most part, but as it progresses I'm constantly reminded of the manga. The two obviously follow closely, but of course the book has more detail, and the manga elaborated on some other aspects, so it's deeply interesting seeing what is essentially a slightly different version of the tale. It's been translated very well indeed, and so far only one sentence had a non-standard stucture, so it's been quite easy to follow too. Though I'm incredibly bad with names many are mentioned, so it's almost an exercise to remember most of them. I only really remember the main characters. I can console myself with the fact that the forgettable named character die anyway, heh. Tomorrow I'll be meeting up with my girlfriend and a mutual friend who occasionally makes me uneasy, so I'll most likely need a few more hours sleep than normal. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home