Saturday, September 09, 2006

General pain.

Well on thursday evening I'd developed a generic abdominal/stomach pain which had lasted all through yesterday. Guess what? That's right, it lasted all through today too. It sucked and made work quite uncomfortable indeed. Thankfully I got through most of it by breaking time down into manageable segments, such as, 'Oho, in another ten minutes it'll only be half an hour till another hour has passed. Nifty.' A bit pointless, but meh. It does help me cope when the pressure of work simply gets too much, and the idea 'God, four more hours to go...' is unappealing. Which it is most of the time actually. Work itself generally passed without incident, though in the afternoon a deaf girl was placed on the till infront of me, and from the looks of things had received less training that I had when I started. In other words, barely any training. As such she needed to ask for help quite a bit, and, providing I spoke slowly, she understood the help I gave her. She also learnt about the other methods of payment aside from cash and normal card, and what to do with multiples, most produce with PLU codes, etc etc. Her training must have been seriously lacking, but it was enjoyable helping her, and she was a nice friendly person. It certainly made my afternoon less 'gragh', that was for sure.

After work, still vaguely in pain, I went to see my girlfriend. Though she couldn't really do much, she did get me a hot water bottle, and it was nice cuddling up with her and just relaxing. I also took a 'nap' later on, and when she found out that I'd actually been awake all that time doing nothing, she felt quite guilty that she'd been watching a film, even though I'd said I didn't mind her going off to watch a film. Odd, but I think I made her feel better after talking to her. Unfortunately I had to say bye when my ride arrived to pick me up, but I'll thankfully see her tomorrow as per usual. After arriving home I noticed I didn't have any new anime to watch as I was up to date, so I did the usual rounds and found three updates - two episodes of Zegapain and one of Ah! My Goddess second season. hose should be done soon with any luck and I'll be able to watch them before I go to bed. Last night I'd also found Ran Online, an MMO similar to other Korean and Chinese mmo's, with similar skills and advancement, but set in mysterious schools. That was funny enough to prompt me to get it. Seriously, google it and go to the site, go to the 'Study@Ran' tab near-ish the top and go to 'Monsters'. It had me laughing for a while. Unfortunately the client I'd downloaded was corrupt and so didn't work, and none of the other servers were fast at all (with expected finish times of over 12 hours). This means that it's unlikely that I'll even be able to try the game, which is quite annoying indeed. Le sigh. At any rate that's all for now, so till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home