Sunday, September 03, 2006

Comparitively relaxing.

Apparrently, according to my work colleagues,it was just as busy today as it was yesterday. However, unlike yesterday, I was placed on a normal till. Oho. This meant that I never had more than four people in my queue, so it was actually quite relaxing as yesterday's work shirf was still fresh in my mind. I found it so much calmer in fact that I told the checkout runners that I wanted to have the last break out of all of us working. As such though I started at 10 am, my break was at 2.05 pm, and I didn't mind at all. I didn't even feel tired. By the time my break ended there was only an hour and 55 minutes to go, which was quite pleasant and easy to cope with. When there's only two hours of a shift left I call it the 'last stretch' usually, with the last hour being called the 'end zone' as the finish is in sight. Naturally a bit of positive thinking is involved, as when I just reach one of these two points it's only 5 minutes till I can happily say 'Ah, less than two (or one) hours to go.' making it seem like a much shorter time. Stress is all in the mind after all, and it's little tactics like these that help me to actually retain my sanity rather than, say, savage all the customers in my queue and run out the store screaming like a madman. I have to admit, it'd be pretty cool if someone else at a till did that though. Certainly mild entertainment at least.

After work my girlfriend's presence once again made my day a heck of a lot better, and we spent some time looking for a Drow model since in the next D&D campaign she wants to be one of those. We didn't have much luck finding a good one, but I did point her towards the Forge World Chaos Dragon, as it has painted pictures up now. Hot damn it looks good. Ridiculously so in fact. The thing is, I was originally aiming to get the Greater Daemon of Slaanesh for £85 this Games Day, but the Chaos Dragon is so much more uber.... with the corresponding price of £195. Ouch. I can afford it though, which is the annoying thing, as I now can't really decide what to get. Ah well, I have over 20 days to work it out... After I got home I decided to actually watch anime after updating the forum (what there was to update at any rate) and got through 11 episodes of Moon Phase. At least, 11 so far tonight. I was planning to watch a shedload of anime tomorrow, but figured since I had time today I may as well. It's quite an enjoyable series. It has relationships, fighting, vampires, and above all, nekomimi. How interesting, heh. In ten minutes I'll have the remaining 12 episodes of the series to watch, so that should use up a bit of time. I'll probably leave a few for tomorrow though. I also have the update for Binbou Shimai Monogatari to watch, but yet again, that's more likely to appear tomorrow. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home