Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More dark red.

I didn't actually go to bed last night as I hadn't been overly tired, and felt like playing Achaea for a change. I ended up spending around 900,000 gold in the game, meaning I was quite poor, purchasing lots of credits to get me to 900, since I felt like getting a custom pet. It'd been a while since I'd last been on, and I'd had a pet long ago which had needed to be recalled due to a minor missed detail. I'd spent some time talking with the members of the House, and a few of the older guys there remembered me which was pretty nifty. Since I was curious about what kind of pets I could have I'd emailed the Pet's department for Achaea. Unfortunately clockwork or construct pets were out of the question according to the reply, so I'ver sent another enquiring about the possibility of a Roc or giant praying mantis. Either of those would be pretty cool. After I finished up on Achaea it was so early, i.e. past 6 am, that I didn't bother going to sleep and all was well. I did have a nap from 10 am to 2 pm, where I wasn't really asleep but merely resting, and that helped with how I felt overall. Once it was around 2 pm I went to Games Workshop early to continue painting the Bloodthirster. I got the rest of the upper torso flesh and one wing to the same stage as the head and other arm, but I don't think I watered down the ink enough as it dried vaguely shiny and overly dark in some areas. It looks like I'll need to re-highlight a few areas before I finish up the shading, then I can do the very final highlights. At that point I'll only have a wing and the lower half of the model to finish off flesh-wise, then I can move onto the armour.

Later on in the evening my girlfriend turned up which always makes my day better, and the pair of us with our usual two friends went to the noodle place once more. It was my turn to pay, but the bill wasn't that high overall considering there were four of us. After that we moved to the pub next to the Games Workshop for the D&D session, and happily my girlfriend didn't have to leave till 9 pm, so we got a reasonable session of D&D in. There were two very close deaths, one for my girlfriend and one for the Munchkin (a player who values his character's strength above all else) who owns the dwarf fighter. Other than that however they did really well, and the Munchkin found a ridiculous amount of gold. At level two he took on two level two Orc Barbarians with his Dwarf Fighter and won, going down to a single point of life. That definitely got him to level three, plus all the associated gold. I did stop the session when everyone planned to rest, as I'd started to feel a bit under the weather. It was most likely due to the lack of sleep combined with the fact that I don't sleep much anyway, but I started feeling better later when I'd had a coke. Sugar is key after all. I also arranged for my girlfriend and the non-munchkin to come round of thursday for more D&D. Since munchkin-boy split away from the group yet again it'll be easy enough continuing the adventure even though he can't make it round.

Sadly I only had one episode of anime to watch - an xxxHOLiC update. The way the request was handled was quite harsh, and the fee for such an act was immensely cruel. That's what you get for being a murderer I suppose. Hopefully there'll be more anime updates later. Thankfully I do have other stuff to watch, such as Red Dwarf, and I figure Achaea can eat up more time since I plan to getting back into the game once I get the pet. I will, however, be going to sleep relatively early today. Though I don't have work till 3 pm tomorrow, I figure a full night's sleep may do me good. On that note therefore, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home