Monday, September 04, 2006

Bloodthirsty painting.

It was a relatively relaxing, if vaguely boring for the morning, day. I didn't bother getting up till around 1.40 pm since I didn't really have anything to do. Once I did get up I pretty much just watched a few more episodes of anime, most notably Moon Phase. Enjoyable to watch, plus it passed some of the time. Later on in the afternoon at around 4 pm I went to Games Workshop to get some paint and actually get round to painting something that I've had for a long while. I'd wanted to go earlier, but unfortunately my dad was out and I didn't want to take the bus whilst transporting a large easily breakable model. When I got there the use of black spray was pretty much needed, but afterwards the Forge World Bloodthirster was primed and ready to go. I'd filled in the gaps around the wings with green stuff last night, so it was ready to get painted. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to paint, so I just focused on the head, neck and upper chest area, and it's left arm. I only got the flesh there mostly done, but there's only a few stages left till it's finished. I started with a 50/50 mix of purple and red all over, then roughly highlighted with a 30/50/20 mix of purple, red and black. After that I highlighted with 80/20 red and black and the base coats were done. I then inked everything with a 40/40/20 mix of brown ink, red ink, and black, with lots of water added to thin it down. Once that had dried I added a bit more black, thinned it down a bit more, and selectively applied it to the recesses as additional shading. Now all I have to do is another layer of selective dark shading to bring out the smallest details, a final highlight with a lighter flesh (well, red) tone and then a final stage of shading just to mute the highlights down to the right level. All I need to do then is all the other flesh and armour, details, bone, and so on and so forth.... Lots in other words.

I also got through a fair amount of anime once I got home, which has brought me up to date once again. The remaining 7 episodes of Moon Phase, latest two updates for Welcome to the NHK!, and Kiba as well as Demonbane. Only 11 episodes so technically not many. Moon Phase was a great series and I enjoyed it a fair amount. It had the usual cliche 'not really admitting how you feel, yet the other person knows anyway' scenario going on, but it suited the series. The ending was pretty good too, and didn't end of a pointless cliffhanger. It may have had plot holes, but I didn't really notice any. Welcome to the NHK! was also quite funny, where the poor guy got himself into even more worse situations. Kiba had impressive firey tactics from one of Zed's shard creatures, and Roia had some of her past explained to her, and the adverse meeting with her mother eventually went well though she had to say goodbye. Demonbane was certainly packed with fanservice, and the guy's actions, when under the influence of a certain fog, were decidedly risky. The way he apologised at the end didn't exactly help either, considering how he meant well but was incredibly offensive. Ah, how cliche yet again. After all that I've not got any new anime to watch, so it's back to Red Dwarf. I'm on to getting the fourth series now. At the moment however I'm vaguely watching the cast commentary on the first series of Black Books. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home