Friday, September 01, 2006

Zomg, spending.

Well I had a sleep in this morning as I didn't really have anything to do. In the end I got up just past midday since spending all day in bed, though relaxing, would get nothing done. I decided to go to brighton to get the latest NewType USA magazine as per my usual 'end of the month' trip there, and so off I went. Thankfully I'd got my wages this morning, so I easily had enough money. Disaster struck when I reached dave's Comics however. They had the magazine, fair enough, but also two, yes TWO, new Mon-Sieur Bome models. Technically three. One of them was actually a pair, Eclair and Lumiere from the Kiddy Grade anime. I'd seen this series before and liked it, and the figures were nice so I bought them. The second was a character called Ignis, and she looked freaking cool indeed, and is the last of the baker's dozen for the current set. Overall I only have five of the set, and there are another two at Dave's Comics, but since those other two aren't the best ones out of the lot I haven't bought them. Yet. When I went a few shops down into David's Books, I was just browsing. However, disaster against struck. Ages ago I'd wanted to get a Gunslinger Spawn model in Dave's Comics which had been £35. They'd had it for about 2 years, but when I went in to buy it, it'd been sold a week or so before. That annoyed me. Yet today, they had it in David's Books for just £20.... It was mine the moment I saw it. As such I spent quite a bit today.... Ow....

Once I got home I did my best to sneak in, but my dad spotted me and saw I'd bought stuff. He asked how much and I didn't tell him, so both he and my step mum knew that 'not much really' meant 'expensive, don't ask'. Even so, my step mum loved the Spawn and Ignis models and was quite enthusiastic about them. My dad also admitted the Mon-Sieur Bome models were nice, and as such I escaped another lecture of spending money, heh. I swear I'll not spend this much again, as it's slightly painful to do so. At the end of the month there's also Games Day up in Birmingham, so I'll need to save the rest of this month's paycheck for there, just in case... (Forge World Greater Daemon of Slaanesh here I come...) Anime-wise there's not been that much, so I just had the Sky Girls OVA to watch. It was pretty good, what with the three female pilots being lolita, and flying cool machines whilst unleashing vast amounts of ammunition on the evil creature-thing. As such, enjoyable. Over the course of updating the forum constantly (as my character's in an active thread for once) a few more episodes of anime became available. I'd decided to get the whole series of Moon Phase as it was shown in NewType USA, and I remembered it'd been in there a while ago. It has a little vampire girl who likes wearing cat ears. I expect I'll like it. There's two episodes of that to watch at the moment, and I also have the Srawberry Panic and Ouran High School Host Club updates to watch when they're done. Should I run out of stuff to get, I'll go back to getting the Red Dwarf series. I only have the first two series, hmm. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home