Thursday, September 14, 2006

A nifty day.

The day started earlier than usual, as I'd not bothered to go to bed. I'd remained awake to sculpt the Diabolus, watch some anime, sculpt more, watch a bit more anime, and so forth. At one point I'd thought the sculpting was done, then saw I still have the bottom of a sash to do. Once that was cured I primed the model, only to realise I'd forgotten to make the tail. That was slightly vexing. In the end I did get it completely made and primed, so now all that lies ahead is to actually paint it. By the time I'd finished the model it'd taken roughly six or so hours to complete from start to finish. Not too bad really. I din't bother going to bed as by then I was finishing up the Basilisk anime. I watched all 23 remaining episodes of the series, and it had a great ending. Not really suited to those who want blissful happy endings, but it was a great series. It wasn't actually long before my munchkin friend came over, and we had a fair few discussions about D&D and how his campaign would turn out. He approved the Diabolus fighter I'd written up barely hours before his arrival, and so I was good to go should his campaign suddenly start. I hosted a D&D session with just his character as he seperates from the group anyway, and he had a(n annoying for him) run in with a Rust Monster. He kissed his armour and one of his axes goodbye.

That game lasted for a couple of hours then he had to leave. By the time I got back from the station after walking with him my girlfriend had arrived, as on thursdays she most fortuitously only has a lesson in the morning, leaving her afternoon free. As such she was able to arrive not long before 1 pm. That was exceedingly nice I have to admit. My other friend arrived not long after and once my girlfriend finished creating a Drow character for the munchkin's campaign (which will no doubt be toned down, as my fighter was and isn't as harsh) as well as finished updating her sheet, the next D&D session was underway. The intrepid adventurers plowed on into the Plane of Shadow, and it was almost impressive how quickly they ran into trouble with wolves and a warg. The gnome bard did however manage to rescue a rather large boar, which I believe he's going to try and tame since I agreed it could be used as a riding boar (as per the Bleach anime). To help with the warg my Diabolus fighter made a needed appearance, as the Human paladin hadn't gone through the portal, nor had the Dwarf fighter. That leaves only a cat-girl ranger and gnome bard. Not exactly the best at combat melee. Eventually they got to Balefire, City of Lanterns and all was good.

In the late evening, once my girlfriend had left and my mate was just about to a small problem struck my PC. The annoying NTLDR file not found error, which meant I had to take the side of my compuer tower off, disconnect and reconnect the cabls to make sure, then change which disk to boot from. A bit of annoying hassle, meh. I also got through more anime, namely nine updates including the first episode of Comic Party Revolution. Now I just have 12 of that series to watch and the updates for Demonbane, Strawberry Panic, and Blood+. I'll not go into detail of what I watched today, as to be honest I now need to go to sleep as my eyes are trying to close. As such, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home