Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A touch of sculpting.

I didn't go to bed last night till 5 am, intending to get up at 11 am. I was up till 5 am as I was working on my Diabolus fighter model. I know I've already made a Diabolus sorceror, by my munchkin friend, who'll be running the next campaign (oh god...) asked me to be a fighter just so my girlfriend and other mate stand a chance. How encouraging don't you think? He was nice enouch to allow the Diabolus' favoured class to be fighter instead of sorceror, and so I'd started to make one. I used the hand and head from the new plastic chaos warriors, the legs from an ungor (again) and the main body from an Empire hero clad in full plate. Needless to say, there was lots of hefty cutting involved. Gee damn. I mostly got the basic work done such as limbs and so forth, though for one forearm hosting the hand holding an axe I had to improvise - a bit of plastic rod. I didn't have a suitable piece to use. Meh. Though I'd gone to bed at 5 am I woke up at 9 am, so didn't bother getting out of bed till 1 pm, wasting my morning entirely. When I did get up I did some of the base sculpting work on the Diabolus, such as actually fleshing out the arm and adding clothing to the upper legs in preparation for armour later. Work itself was boring and rather dead, so I ended up doing lots of mini jobs with nothing eventful happening really.

After I got home I continued to download anime, and I now have quite a hefty chunk to watch. I only actually watched the first episode of basilisk last night, so I have a fair few to go. I got back to sculpting, getting more of the armour plates done on the figure's right arm, beefing up the shoulder plate on the left arm, adding armour and straps to the left forearm and adding some of the leg armour. Here's what he looks like so far -
Diabolus Fighter
As you can see from the blue painted parts I cannibalised one of my Mordheim figures... I still need to lower the chainmail skirt-thing and add another segment to the blue armour on the upper legs, as well as a strap for the right shoulder armour plate and an additional final armour plate on top of it. Once that's done I can add the straps for the two shin-plates then sculpt in the rest of the sash as if it goes under the armour, as well as finishing off the sash tie behind the model as the bottom of it had to be removed when I chopped of the human legs. Poor thing. There's a fair amount to go, but I've got the bulk of it done at least.

Anime-wise I have - all 13 episodes of Comic party Revolution, 23 episodes of Basilisk and the updates for Bleach, School Rumble, Kiba, Blood+, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Honey & Clover II. That's 42 episodes. It... may take me a while. On the plus side I can watch a bunch then go back to sculpting as the green stuff'll be cured. Nifty stuff. As such, till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home