Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Painting once more.

I had to get up earlier today, since I wanted to actually do something and not lounge around aimlessly. In the end after my usual morning routine I left the house and got to Games Workshop at roughly 12.50 pm or so, as I wanted to get a decent amount of painting in. I'd once more brought my Forge World Bloodthirster and got started on touching up the painting I'd done last time. I managed to rehighlight and reshade to get rid of the overly dark areas and shine. Once that was done I moved onto painting the other wing, which took a while thanks to having to try and reach parts where other bits of the model were in the way. Once I'd got that up to the standard of the rest, I moved onto the lower half of the model. There wasn't much there to paint at all, so it didn't take long to do the flesh base coat and initial ink layer. Before I got time to highlight and finish shading the guy I'd played last, with his Space Marines, turned up, so I challenged him to a game. I only had my Bloodthirster. He accepted. To cut a long story short, most of his army couldn't even hurt me, and against the main thing which could, his combat Dreadnought, my daemon got 11 out of 11 hits, and each one was a penetrating hit (I needed to roll over two on two dice to get a penetrating...) Needless to say, it exploded (five times) before it got to attack. After that it was a case of killing his army piece by piece. Out of eight wounds I lost two which wasn't too bad. My daemon was only 888 points, and he had a 1,000 point army. Mwahahahaha!

Not long after my two mates arrived, and again shortly after that my girlfriend. We went to the noodle place again, and this time I was determined to eat dessert. It was very nice indeed. We quickly moved to the pub to get the D&D session underway, and it went great indeed. Everyone reached the end portal which leads to the main adventure itself (the really big one, heh) with the customary two near-death experiences. One was caused when my girlfriend's character accidentally got the munchkin player's waraxe in her back. Whoops eh? Luckily she survived, and the session ended there for the night as it was quarter to nine. My girlfriend's character, as well as the munchkin, went up a level, so she's level three, he's level four and rapidly getting harsh, and the poor bard is still level two. I was actually quite impressed that the munchkin managed to negotiate his way through a room with two lizardfolk without provoking them. Usually he goes in axe swinging. It was an interesting, if unexpected, change. My girlfriend's dad actually turned up not long after, and sat with us whilst having a beer before he left and took my girlfriend home. For once I wasn't upset when she left, as we'd had a great evening together and she'd said some lovely things to me. The bard player had to leave a short while after, and so me and the munchkin sat outside chatting till my dad turned up and I had to go home. Thursday is going to be interesting, as the munchkin is coming round in the early morning till midday, the bard is arriving at roughly midday and going in the evening, and my girlfriend will hopefully be arriving after college and also leaving in the evening.

Not only did I have a day out, but when I got home I updated the forum too, including the arc as a few more people had posted. I didn't write anything for my character, as I didn't really feel like spending the time on it today as it's getting late. Instead I came here to write this on time. I've also spent some time getting more series, namely Basilisk and Comic Party Revolution. I have the first 13 episodes of Basilisk and two of Comic Party Revolution to watch, not to mention the Ergo Proxy and Kiba updates to get. Busy busy busy eh? Tomorrow morning I also have to get some passport photographs, for my NUS card and SLB card for university, before going to work in the afternoon and pointing out that I'll no longer be able to work wednesdays since my university timetable will no doubt clash. As that covers everything, I guess I'll go watch a bit of anime. Till next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home